New York City

Anybody able/wanting to set up a Shoutcast streaming server with each week's songs? It'd be awesome for streaming on a media server, for example (currently my only means of listening to music at home).

I have one of those "play from Chrome" extensions but it doesn't work all the time because it's buggy.

Yeah, I could download all tracks to my hard drive, I know. But I thought I'd ask.

(Maybe even a link to download all week in a zip would be cool)

Last edited by akira (January 12, 2016 7:28 pm)

vancouver, canada

one thing you could do is just cast to twitch.tv and stream your browser window while playing the Music page from the beginning.  if left to its own devices it would just play through the entirety of all the tracks..

New York City

That's an interesting idea, thanks bry.
I just hate having to depend on the browser, and I can't play audio on my computer anymore.

Plymouth, UK

I could look into it tomorrow (Thursday). I have a bunch of AWS student credit sat around doing fa.

NL

One of the community initiatives is the torrents, week 1 went live, but doesn't contain all the songs. If you want them all, you can use this downloader, for which you'll require python 3.5.1. It relies on the RSS, which gets updated weekly and after a while some drop-off occurs, where you can't download a whole week anymore. To change the week to download, open the PY file and change the weeknr variable to the right week.

New York City

I rather stream to listen than download it all. It'll just pile up in one of my hard drives.
Also can't bother to mess with Python scripts.
If I had a shoutcast server in my domain I'd do this myself.

Last edited by akira (January 13, 2016 8:56 pm)

NL

That's just the problem with shoutcast servers, they're servers. I'll see what I can set up though.

Helsinki, Finland

First, am I stupid or cant I post new topics? So ill put this here as its closest to my problem (sorry Akira;))

So, at work I have blocked all Flash stuff from my Chrome and the player doesnt seem to work at all, is it Flash based or have I maybe ticked some other boxes from browser settings? Since I mainly listen music at work, its shame that Im missing everybody elses songs unless I start another browser on side, then miss commenting to their songs etc. I do pretty heavy work on bit older machine so I want to keep my browser light. Any pointers whats the problem? Im using Mac Chrome on a Maverick iMac.

NL
Dkstr wrote:

First, am I stupid or cant I post new topics? So ill put this here as its closest to my problem (sorry Akira;))

So, at work I have blocked all Flash stuff from my Chrome and the player doesnt seem to work at all, is it Flash based or have I maybe ticked some other boxes from browser settings? Since I mainly listen music at work, its shame that Im missing everybody elses songs unless I start another browser on side, then miss commenting to their songs etc. I do pretty heavy work on bit older machine so I want to keep my browser light. Any pointers whats the problem? Im using Mac Chrome on a Maverick iMac.

You first have to go to a forum, then a link to add a topic shows up.

It shouldn't be flash, it's all JS stuff from what I can tell and the browser does the actual music playing. If your browser doesn't do one of these things, it won't do any of it.

On topic, though, the Discord has a bot that plays this week's songs.