San Antonio Texas

Just learned that David Bowie passed away. One of my favorite musicians and a huge influence. I'm bummed out. I'm just glad he left us with some great music.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/cult … tures.html

Oklahoma City, OK, USA

He's been an incredible talent for decades. Sad news indeed.

Bristol, UK

sad sad I've loved Bowie since I was a kid. To go out releasing such an amazing album under media silence though, what an artist. Incredible person, I hope he's still jamming somewhere.

Michigan

This... hurts. Such an incredible artist.  I wish him the best among the stars.

NL

I didn't care much for him or his music; though I loved his eccentricness. I'll probably miss him for being a walking source of inspiration.

Michigan

And sexyness.

Pittsburgh, PA

It's shocking news to us.  That he knew for a year and a half, kept working, and orchestrated his final statement this way...it's admirable.  Inspirational. Respect, sir.

Madrid, Spain

I read somewhere that in rock you could be like Springsteen (I'm one of you, but I'm onstage) or you could be like Bowie (I don't care I'm completely different from you and you think I'm a weirdo... You finally realise you love me)

With all due respect to The Boss, I've always been more attracted to that second type. A true inspiration for me and countless others.

His legacy goes way beyond his music. My deepest respect.

Oklahoma City, OK, USA
laguna wrote:

With all due respect to The Boss, I've always been more attracted to that second type. A true inspiration for me and countless others.

Not to mention, IMHO, that not a single one of Springsteen's songs could carry water for Bowie's amazing music.  Don't get me wrong, I guess lyrically he was a great writer, but musically... meh.  Again, just my opinion.

Last edited by E-dub (January 12, 2016 12:47 am)