Gosford, Australia

i just want to actually get all 52 weeks done. ideally, i want to be able to play most of it live without a laptop and with vocals. but being on team 52 is the main goal for me this year!

Pittsburgh, PA
laguna wrote:

finally learn some Max For Live

You and me both!  Now that I have access to it...I'd like to do more. 

laguna wrote:

use my recently learnt Chuck skills

Badass!  Looking forward to hearing it. During the last year, I've gotten a bit into Tidal, so that may make an appearance this year.

laguna wrote:

I built a simple modular synth.

Congratulations!  Impressive work!  Looking forward to hearing it!

laguna wrote:

Maybe more sharing between us (collabs, samples, source code...)

I'd be interested!

Brasilia, Brazil

Last year was a great learning experience for me as an artist. I managed to make 52 songs and 52 videos.
This year I will focus on music coding with the Sonic Pi live coding environment (+synths + Ableton Live + iOS...).
To get out of my comfort zone, I also intend to work with my own voice yikes

Melbourne, Australia
rANGEL wrote:

Last year was a great learning experience for me as an artist. I managed to make 52 songs and 52 videos.
This year I will focus on music coding with the Sonic Pi live coding environment (+synths + Ableton Live + iOS...).
To get out of my comfort zone, I also intend to work with my own voice yikes

Sonic Pi, nice!

Melbourne, Australia

2012: Was good. "Production" value improved.
2014: Was good.
2016: I'm still not 100% sure I'll participate, as I have a PhD to finish and am doing a fair bit of teaching. But if I do, I suspect it will probably be quite a bit of generative stuff with Max (maybe Pd). If I can muster up the motivation I'll teach myself SuperCollider through the process. Also work more with OpenMusic.

During 2013 and 2015 I spent more time doing notated music than I usually do during WB years. That won't necessarily be true this time 'round, as I have a few pieces in the works already and some plans for some others. Depending on how the year pans out, there may also be some live stuff, electronics + other instruments/electronics. Who knows. 2013-15 I have spent a lot of time making tools to do nifty things, so chances are I'll use them a lot due to being really quite strapped for time.

Adelaide

Super keen for this year - great project to be a part of smile
Rough plans include - making specific use of physical, and digital 'space' in all/most of my uploads. Recording from a physical space during the week, sampling from whatever weird digital location I end up in online, and using the two to make some weird freaky techno.
Also collaboration - I did every WB 2014 on my own, and have already lined up to do week 1 of 2016 with a friend, and I would like to do as many collabs as possible - the time frame kind of helps with getting things organised.

Madison, Alabama
midimachine wrote:

i just want to actually get all 52 weeks done.

Same. I don't know how it'll turn out, since my wife and I are expecting and in March there will be an infant in the house (!) Maybe sleep deprivation and diaper changing will be inspiring! XD

I've been really slacking on music for about half a year now, so I'm also hoping this will serve as motivation to finish my album.

I also hope to do some really stupid things with LSDJ.

NL
midimachine wrote:

i just want to actually get all 52 weeks done. ideally, i want to be able to play most of it live without a laptop and with vocals. but being on team 52 is the main goal for me this year!

As a member of team 52, it's well worth it. Time to go for team 104, and I reckon some people go for team 156.
Maybe I can make a second account and get one team ahead in one year.

Madrid, Spain
sinewave wrote:

My WB 2k12 was done entirely on the OP-1. It featured heavily in 2k14 too but I added some PD stuff and modular. This year (and last), I am now a "registered composer" at Elektronmusikstudio in Stockholm so I'll be using the Serge and Buchla modulars there from time to time. But there are countless other experiments to be carried out too...most likely many will be featuring the device I have invented (with friends) in my day job...automat.

I remember all those "tape" effects on your OP-1's tracks. Very eager to hear what you get on those modulars.

Impressive work, the Automat. Will it be open source hardware or a public API instead?

Madrid, Spain
onezero wrote:
laguna wrote:

I built a simple modular synth.

Congratulations!  Impressive work!  Looking forward to hearing it!

Thanks man, although is just the case and the power supply that are DIY. Most modules are still commercial.. But I'm working on some stuff

onezero wrote:
laguna wrote:

finally learn some Max For Live

You and me both!  Now that I have access to it...I'd like to do more. 

laguna wrote:

use my recently learnt Chuck skills

Badass!  Looking forward to hearing it. During the last year, I've gotten a bit into Tidal, so that may make an appearance this year.

laguna wrote:

Maybe more sharing between us (collabs, samples, source code...)

I'd be interested!

You could count on it, Maurice. Hope we share code and algorithms... Tidal sounds pretty interesting for live coding, by the way...

New York

I have grown my gear incredibly since I took part in WB in 2014. I've got a whole modular setup, I've got a better mastery of my daw and my hardware synths, and I've got some new experimental workflows for some stuff. I don't know what will come of all this, but I know I'll make something.