Philadelphia

looking forward to intending to do this and then forgetting and scrambling to make just anything at all at the end of the week.

Coastal Australia

I wouldn't of minded doing a version of Black Metal but I've lodged a decent splinter under a fingernail.  No guitar playing until it grows out as it's painful to play  :-/

Melbourne, Aus

Ouch dude... unfortunate.
I'm down for this. Bring on the black metal!  \m/ ( O_O ) \m/

Portland, OR

This is a genre I've known existed but really haven't spent any time listening to. If I try this... the results, I hope, don't send an angry mob of respectable black metalists to my door.

Last edited by DataJanitor (January 13, 2014 2:44 pm)

St Louis

fuck yeah black metal. anyone hear of Abyssal or Clandestine Blaze?

Melbourne

It's so fucking hot in Melbourne this week; hardly appropriate for black metal but maybe I can squeeze some bleakness out of the fact that I can barely think straight in the heat.. and articles like this:
http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/09/thousands … e-4256884/
Lyric ideas right there!

Coastal Australia

I can play guitar again!  (even though the splinter is still under my nail but the pain has subsided)

Black metal will flow forth like the blood from the frozen forest.  \m/

I've actually been in the live metal scene for many years so I'll be having a guest vocalist for my track.  TBH I'm not a big BM fan.  Bathory did it many years ago although when I played the support for Behemoth, I was quite impressed with their energy.  (more 'blackened death metal' though?)

Melbourne, Australia

I'll... 'try' somthing

Just thinking up topical lyrics to Melbourne Weather.
"The sun is trying to kill me" might become ""The sun is trying to deprive me of existence" (growl)

NL
Aday wrote:

I'll... 'try' somthing

Just thinking up topical lyrics to Melbourne Weather.
"The sun is trying to kill me" might become ""The sun is trying to deprive me of existence" (growl)

Nuclear fusion of the throne of gods rain me with bullets of hot suffering and eats me whole (or WHOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL)

Coastal Australia

My black metal song is pretty much done!!  Pretty happy with how it turned out actually.  I think I caught all the best elements of BM whilst avoiding it sounding like some of those totally woeful ones where they only record on cassette because they're oh so kvlt.   heh.

Can't wait to unleash the beast  big_smile

Melbourne

Yeah, I think mine is done too! I went for deliberately lo-fi/traditional style—I recorded guitars and bass through a little 15w amp and screeched out the vocals in only a couple of takes. I don't even know why black metal vocalists bother with lyrics because it's actually more fun to just scream nonsense..

Last edited by 0F (January 14, 2014 11:25 am)

France

Hey people. I love metal music but not Black metal. Also, is it a condition to be a complete musician to participate to this Weekly Beats ? I don't play guitar, only synthesizers and composition with Daws, and I feel it is a bit frustrating to be apart from all of you.
It doesn't really matter, I can compose on my side, so I will not take part in this theme game.
Good job to everybody !

Austin

Definitely participating in the black metal theme! 90s black metal shall never die!

Portland, OR

I'm giving it a try even though it's the furthest thing from what I normally do, just to see what happens. Can't hurt, unless real Black Metal fans hunt me down for insulting the genre, of course.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

i have written a black metal/reggae track about sand

edit: and blood

Last edited by spaceaser (January 15, 2014 5:44 pm)

Melbourne

Can't wait to hear what everyone makes for this!