The future

Hmm. havent really heard anyone talking about week 8.. thoughts? Are we losing steam?

Riverside, CA

I'm not. I'm taking a small break from wubshit to experiment with other things, so I'm still striding along just fine smile

I'm very satisfied with my Week 8 song. It sounds so much cooler actually hearing it off of the motherboard though wink

I think I am doing better. The constant practise is doing well for me, that is to say when I have a goal(the actually concluding a track part). Normally, i just fuck around and dial up cool sounds, which there has been less of that, sadly. I also like that I have less time now than I did at the start, so I have even more pressure to make something.

New Orleans, LA

I never realized how much I love working with a deadline until I started Weekly Beats.  It motivates to actually finish my songs instead of just "Eh, I'll finish it eventually."  I also really like how more people are starting to experiment with things outside of their comfort zone.  It's really fun to watch.

Brooklyn

I am amazed with the tracks being submitted and am learning more in these 8 weeks than in recent years.  I have a list of software to download.  Started working with Nanoloop on the iPad.  Maybe I will venture beyond 4/4 this year... who knows.  Also, enjoying going back and listening to my favorites again.  Just gets better.  Don't know how I'll make it through 52 weeks though.  I have a few weeks of ideas left on tap.

The future

one week at a time.. that's how we will make it through. I mean, look, we are already almost 1/5 of the way done wink

Helsinki, Finland

Sadly my musical activities are starting to show..I had to finish some remixes and other songs this week plus have lots of gigs coming up so time is short all the time. But its been really fun, I try to finish every week, no matter what.

Adelaide, Australia

I accidentally my whole Weekly Beat on Sunday afternoon. Too many IRL problems I'm trying to deal with.

I get stumped for inspiration sometimes. For week  8 I intended to do another guitar only track but with nothing planned. I think it turned out great anyways.

I got a completely oddball idea for this week. I doubt it will work buts its going to be fun trying.

The future

personally I really liked my track for week 8. it was disjointed and the mix was kinda fucked but the melodies and harmonies turned out great.. had fun experimenting with tossing in 1/3 notes into straight 4/4 time and then jizzing all over kari from mythbusters in my mind wink

sacramento

took about 4 hours to make my track, maybe another 4 to mix it. but i'm pleased with how it turned out

Adelaide, South Australia

I'm liking it. It's been good to get in to a 'sit down and create something' habit again, which I'm sad to say I'd let slip. It's also helped me keep my momentum going for my 'one EP a semester' project, with three tracks already in my 'idea for consideration' folder, awaiting the next semester break.

I've set myself some mini-tasks along the way to force myself to use and get used to some plugins I may not have normally gone for, which should be ineresting (for me, at least) in coming months.

St Louis

I'm really into Week 8 submissions, including my own

Ciudad de México, Mx.

I'm really productive, but I always came up with so much different ideas. Is like I start a project then move to another. At the end of a little period I have 4-5 decent ideas to work with, and my biggest problem is to decide which one will fit the bill.

Belfast, Northern Ireland

Well I'm pretty pleased with my Week 8. I have written acoustic / folk songs before. In fact, I've written many, but they always seem to lack something and I often couldn't put my finger on it. This track felt a lot more mature and like I'd really thought about the flow of it and the chord changes and structure. Actually, I'm most pleased with the lyrics, which tied everything in.

I spent Friday night writing the chords and I messed around with things for a few hours. I liked that progress... I kept changing my mind, but it was a healthy progression. So on Saturday I tackled lyrics and vocal melodies. Again, having that time to focus on the individual elements really gave the song a bit of depth.

Anyway, yep. I am going to attempt to finish WEEK 9 before Sunday. I'm thinking I'm going to slip away from acoustic folk/rock and get back to BIG PHAT BEATS and BASS, as I have been enjoying what I've been learning with this stuff recently. I'm thinking some sort of 'epic' / anthemic kinda HIP HOP thing.

Belfast, Northern Ireland
analog wrote:

I'm really productive, but I always came up with so much different ideas. Is like I start a project then move to another. At the end of a little period I have 4-5 decent ideas to work with, and my biggest problem is to decide which one will fit the bill.

This is something I do too.
Actually my Week 8 is a perfect example of this, because in the end, I actually just STAPLED another song idea I had mid-week, onto the end of my song. I think it worked though.

I don't like throwing anything away.