I'm surprised I didn't get as many comments, but I need to step up my game anyhow. My song for next week is getting more and more complex by the day. It's actually surprising me nicely!

Cincinnati, Ohio

at this point ive kinda given up on the idea that comments matter.  its nice to get feedback on my tracks, but i think focusing on my # of comments/lack of comments has been detracting from my overall enjoyment of the process.  being upset about comments and then thinking about why i was upset about it helped me realize why im doing this in the first place: to push myself to be a better musician/writer.  what really matters is how i feel about my progress.  every comment i get beyond that is just bonus smile

Philadelphia, PA

^ This.

After my rather needy early post I kind of got over the whole comments thing. What is important to me is that I listen to what else is happening here, so far Ive pretty spectacularly failed in that. My output has been pretty high for the last year or so, so in terms of improvement I don't really feel I'm benefiting from the time challenge... truth be told I could do with focussing on a 'proper' full length release. I got into this hoping to feel inspired by the community aspect, as it is now my lack of participation is severely holding that back. I dont know, once again Ive uploaded next weeks despite having reservations as to whether Ill see this project through... maybe Ill do that 44 more times, it does seem to be the trend!

Helsinki, Finland

We should start a pool that how many people will actually finish this with clear 52 songs:)

Cincinnati, Ohio

134 started at week 1 and are eligible for completion within the original time constraint.  many have already missed weeks.  my bet is 24 will make it the whole year with a track every single week.  im hoping to be one of them but theres a long way to go :-X

The future

what do we get if we make 52 tracks?   a cake?

Ciudad de México, Mx.
Phil Harmonic wrote:

what do we get if we make 52 tracks?   a cake?

I can make something, better not everybody finishes the challenge, I don't want to make a lot of food. wink

Phoenix, AZ

I haven't posted in a few weeks cause I only had some nanoloop stuff done, and we got a new cpu, and my dad won't let me install iTunes.

The future

get a different player then.. one that he doesnt know about.. but wtf.. why is he anti-itunes?

Adelaide, South Australia

I'm confident I'll get to 52, but only because I have no qualms in throwing together any old placeholder shit if I have to... as proven by two of my entries already... heheheh...

St Louis

week 7 was kinda weird overall

Wait, there's cake at the end? I'm a dead cert then!

The future
tIB wrote:

Wait, there's cake at the end? I'm a dead cert then!

it sounds like there might be a cake wink

Switzerland

Actually, I'm participating only for the cake.

adelaide

The cake is the truth.