St Louis

I think my piece is an experiment in being more live. ended up with a ton of material (20 minute jam) that I tried to edit down some. could have been more editing but I got obsessed with the mix since the recording was a little weird I did a lot of filtering and eq, comp/exp, etc

Cincinnati, Ohio

my song was an experiment and i feel like it went pretty well.  i need to work a lot more on my computer music though.  i feel rusty.  also, i am not cool.

Philadelphia, PA
spry wrote:

also, i am not cool.

You got that right.

HAR HAR HAR. Amirite?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Solarbear wrote:
spry wrote:

also, i am not cool.

You got that right.

HAR HAR HAR. Amirite?

youareright.  har har har.

New Orleans, LA
spry wrote:
Solarbear wrote:

You got that right.

HAR HAR HAR. Amirite?

youareright.  har har har.

This made me lol

Adelaide, South Australia

Mine was another placeholder. I'm not too happy with myself pushing out something I was ambivalent about, but I was very un-creative last week, so I am just glad I got something in.

On the other hand, my new system is here and being set up right now, so chances of the change and shininess sparking SOMETHING of worth are pretty high for now. Next week, I go back to uni, too, so hopefully I can ride a few weeks of change induced creativity...

Tacoma WA

mine was an experiment using spoken audio with envelope followers to distort and modulate itself.

i was out of town for my grandfathers 90th birthday so i didn't have the time to work on it as much as i would have like.   

working on some techno for the next week but i'm really jonsing for a nice diode filter for that 303 squelch

Tasmania

mine was a bit of a rush, a bit of a meh track, but i was in Melbourne all weekend for Blipfest and work monday to friday so i just wanted to put SOMETHING up, this week is going to be a banger though, 140BPM of Fakebit goodness after Blipfest smile

After getting only 1 comment on week 5 I was really surprised to get so many this time. Thanks to everyone who commented!

I felt like my entry this week was inferior to the one in week 5, but at least it was better than last week's.

Last edited by zebra (February 22, 2012 11:04 pm)

adelaide

zebra, I know EXACTLY what you mean.

The future

Yeah. i thought for sure more people would comment on mine this week hmm

Tacoma WA

i got one comment.  i haven't had time to listen to anyone elses for two weeks now.  i was listening at work on my work laptop but got a stern talking to for how much bandwidth i was using so now i'm being pretty careful not to do anything streaming just in case.  i really feel like a horses ass for not listening

infradead wrote:

i got one comment.  i haven't had time to listen to anyone elses for two weeks now.  i was listening at work on my work laptop but got a stern talking to for how much bandwidth i was using so now i'm being pretty careful not to do anything streaming just in case.  i really feel like a horses ass for not listening

Yeah I have the same sentiment. I listen as much as I can, but work etc etc

tl;dr excuses excuses

Last edited by phesago (February 22, 2012 7:40 pm)

I've been really struggling to listen, I can do the making something part but I don't know whether that is enough for me.

EDIT: turns out it is enough for me, Ive just uploaded next weeks. Must try harder...

Last edited by tIB (February 22, 2012 9:41 pm)

Adelaide, Australia

It's a struggle for me to not take my lack of comments to heart, even though I haven't been commenting for weeks now due to having no time to dedicate solely to listening. I get by with the calming assumption that everyone else is just as bat-shit crazy busy as I am.

With that said, the conclusion to my Siberia trilogy took me the longest so far, is the most complex so far and easily my favourite so far yet has the least comments by far. The few comments I have received for it though are really great and inspiring, so thanks again guys.

Having the preset goal of needing to conclude Siberia helped a lot for week 07. Even though I wasnt able to start until Saturday I knew exactly what I was doing and just got to it. This week though, with Siberia over, I need to compose something entirely new and I have no idea how.

Adelaide, South Australia

I've been so wrapped up in the new setup, or working, that I'm only downloading week 7 now >.<