Adelaide, Australia

Guys, I'm struggling. I've not been starting my track until Friday these past 2 weeks and I haven't even listened to the week 4 submissions, let alone the week 5. I fear it will compound to an un-catchup-able amount where I end up becoming just a contributor instead of a community member sad

Adelaide, South Australia

I am gradually working my way through the backlog of songs. I've managed a fair amount of week 5 so far, but I'm not getting anywhere near as many listened to as I'd like :-/ that said, I put more emphasis on the conversations than the comments for being part of the community

Philadelphia, PA
Thursdaybloom wrote:

I fear it will compound to an un-catchup-able amount where I end up becoming just a contributor instead of a community member sad

Duder, I don't think anybody is going to judge someone for not listening to all 10,000,000 submissions on weekly beats, haha. I just listen to a randomly picked handful. Couple of my faves and a couple of people I see that are active in the forums. No biggie.

Michigan, USA

My track this week could use a little work but I will probably fix it before I release it anywhere else.  Actually I will fix it before I release it anywhere else if I do. 

Aside from that I am definitely going to have some bad weeks soon. Hopefully I can hold them off as long as possible.

Madison, Alabama

I'm pretty happy with how this week turned out. It had been a long time since I actually wrote a song with lyrics.  It was a lot of fun. I had a lot of fun with transitions and recording multiple tracks of clapping.  I hope future weeks produce more spontaneous song writing/recording in the vein of last week.

Philadelphia

Made my song in fifteen minutes in the 30 minutes before the deadline without sound on. it's terrible but i wanted to make something.

I really just have no time to actually sit and write. I'd say maybe once this project is done i'll have time but another one will be started before this one is even done. maybe around mid march i'll have some time. for one song...

The future

we dont want excuses.. we want tracks wink

Riverside, CA
Phil Harmonic wrote:

we dont want excuses.. we want tracks

This should be the topic in the IRC smile

whoops, my source file was 13o megabytes. i replaced it with a fixed version (only 13).

Adelaide, South Australia

I need to catch up on this week...my track, and week 5's submissions.

cincinnati, ohio

This week's submission is probably the longest I have gone without recording a single track.  The last song I recorded was almost 3 months ago, and weekly beats has only served to excite my creativity-- the music being submitted from all genres is simply staggering. 

I have a horrible habit of working on around 5-6 songs at a time on LSDJ (probably from playing too much Pokemon, whatever) so there are definite long periods that I go without having a completed/cohesive song together.  I spent a super long time trying to find a new sound and to try to push the limits of my own composition for these next few releases, which will hopefully begin to show as the weeks progress.

All in all, I was proud of my submission for week 5, and overjoyed at the positive feedback I received.  It definitely serves an an incentive to keep producing tracks in a timely manner (as opposed to the beleaguered process mentioned before)

Ciudad de México, Mx.

I'm starting to get a workflow with this great software nanoloop. Finding myself pretty comfortable. this week I have a working track, but just for the sake of it I want to make one new between these days.