Adelaide, South Australia

How'd everyone go?

As I said in the description for '[Placeholder]', I found myself out of time on Thursday and wrote something with cobbled together samples that turned out not half bad, and then found myself insomniatic thursday night and wrote something else that may or may not be used for week 6... we'll see...

Riverside, CA

Started and finished mine in about 4 or 5 hours on Saturday.
I was panicking a tad bit because I hadn't started anything.
But I'm happy with how it came out. I could've expanded on it and made it longer if I had time but oh well.

Philadelphia, PA

So, oddly... It went VERY well up 'til sunday night, when the beats were released... I was like... "Hmm... haven't listened to it for a whole week now... I remembered it sounding better...."

Ah well! Still happy with it!

FL

Last week was rough for me, I honestly only submitted the track to keep up with the challenge. It was definitely lacking by my own standards, but I think the track was at-least listenable.. . I am hoping to rope some inspiration today when my shiny new monitor headphones come in. I can't wait to be able to mix with a high quality, flat headset. It's such a pain mixing between bass heavy speakers/headphones, and shitty built in laptop speakers.

Simi Valley, CA

I had lots of little song stems but none of the  were clicking with me so I said screw it and banged out a Nanoloop song in about an hour on Friday.

Liverpool, United Kingdom

I haven't been able to get a song in for week 4 and week 5. My laptop was out of comission last week starting on sunday night til yesterday.

Fucking infuriating. Hoping to get back into it this week as I wrote songs but just didn't get time to record them.

Tacoma WA

I used my modular to make squeaky bug noises.  Pretty much just noodling on the modular.  I liked how it ended out but I still am trying to make something more rhythmic based

New Orleans, LA

This week was one of the busiest weeks for me, but somehow I managed to get my song mostly finished early in the week and had a lot of time to just tweak until Sunday.  I'm really happy with how it turned out.

St Louis

I've had good comments on mine this week. one person in my band said that it felt a little repetitive, but another person said it got too complex. so I'm taking those comments with a grain of salt, and feeling that the composition was pretty solid given the timeframe.

chicago-/-il-/-us

mine was less than i wouldve liked to get done (was working on two other tracks im liking better, but getting things just right in piggy tracker can take a while)...

i didnt like mine at all. it was ok seeing in how i had no time last week, but whatever....excuses excuses etc etc

week6 is going to be awesome i hope big_smile

Melbourne, Australia

I think I did pretty well for a style I've never tried before

UTAH
e.s.c. wrote:

getting things just right in piggy tracker can take a while)]...

Amen...

The Wisconsin

My track for this week took a different approach than I usually go for. I don't think it's as intense as my others, it sounds fairly natural with no annoying transitions, it turned out happier than what I usually make my songs to be, and I really liked it better than most of my others. It may be my favorite so far.

St Louis
Dwight Davis wrote:

My track for this week took a different approach than I usually go for. I don't think it's as intense as my others, it sounds fairly natural with no annoying transitions, it turned out happier than what I usually make my songs to be, and I really liked it better than most of my others. It may be my favorite so far.

this is kind of how I feel about my piece as well

Adelaide, Australia

Something I started months ago, lack of inspiration for a new track led to me finally finishing it, so great. big_smile