adelaide

Following a brief chat with someone yesterday, I've decided to not write any chiptune-related music for WeeklyBeats.

AU
roboctopus wrote:
Derris-Kharlan wrote:

Finish a fucking album

52 song album!

FML.... he'll probably want me to mix / master it - so it better be less than 12!  :-P

Sydney, Australia

:OOOOOOOOO And this is what happens when I sleep...

godinpants wrote:

Move back to where I was in music a few years ago, just for a while.

phesago wrote:

Not suck at making music, lol

cTrix wrote:

My main goal is just to write more music!

roboctopus wrote:

I'm generally a pretty slow composer, so I'm looking forward to forced speed.

roboctopus wrote:

I also used to write songs with lyrics, and I haven't written any lyrics in over a year.  I'd like to do some singing this year.

All of the above. I suffer from social and performance anxiety, which has sent me off the rails creatively and with my studies... So I'll be using WeeklyBeats to prove to myself that I can still be musical, and that I haven't killed myself in terms of that creativity.

Theta_Frost wrote:

I also want to do more theory driven music, i.e. some classic counterpoint, twelve-tone technique and others.  I actually want to study the techniques of some other composers in a more formal and serious manner! big_smile

Oooooooooooooooooooh! Studying classical composition was probably the best thing I ever did, even if it hurt my brain massively. ^^' I'm actually sitting on a four-part vocal piece that relies on twelve-tone and 16th century counterpoint. It's waiting for me to master counterpoint without it hurting my brain. O.o

little-scale wrote:

Following a brief chat with someone yesterday, I've decided to not write any chiptune-related music for WeeklyBeats.

:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tongue

sacramento

to improve my music in every aspect and learn as much as i can.

My short term goals include getting accustomed to some linux music tools and stop using the on-board sequencers for my MIDI gear. In the long term, I want to get back to composing music somewhat regularly, and I'm thinking that if I can do one song every week, I can probably do two, so I might try at making an album alongside this whole thing.

Today I'll need to buy more MIDI cables!

boomlinde what is your midi gear?

Lazerbeat:
MFB-522, x0xb0x, MicroKORG, KORG EA-1, TX81Z, FB-01. I have MIDI interfaces for the C64 and Amiga 1200 as well, but I don't think they'll be very useful in that sense.

Usually I let the EA-1 sequence the TX81Z, the MFB and x0x run their own sequencers, and the FB-01 mostly just stands in the wardrobe. I like sequencing without computers, but since yesterday, I'll give it all up for sequencing in Reason smile

Helsinki, Finland

boomlinde, sell your mFB to me:D

Coastal Australia
little-scale wrote:

I look forward to hearing what you come up with!

UTAH
Lousienne Dee wrote:
Theta_Frost wrote:

I also want to do more theory driven music, i.e. some classic counterpoint, twelve-tone technique and others.  I actually want to study the techniques of some other composers in a more formal and serious manner! big_smile

Oooooooooooooooooooh! Studying classical composition was probably the best thing I ever did, even if it hurt my brain massively. ^^' I'm actually sitting on a four-part vocal piece that relies on twelve-tone and 16th century counterpoint. It's waiting for me to master counterpoint without it hurting my brain. O.o

Very cool!  I'd love to hear it when it's done.  You gotta take a break from counterpoint sometimes though... if you do too much it starts messing with your mind! wink

little-scale wrote:

Interesting, interested to see what comes of this.  But if you ever changed your mind for a week, I don't think anyone would be angry.  wink

Sebitya!

I really think that my main goal in all this is just beat procastination and be a more productive musician at some point. Maybe also explore and beat excesive perfeccionism or low confidence on my tracks.

Ciudad de México, Mx.

My goal is to make music with absolutely every idea that I can get.

I usually take it as it goes. I would like to get a band up and going. Aswell as creating electro and chilled tunes i also like grind and hardcore/powerviolence music and im currently writing some tunes now for a demo and i got a vocalist keen to shout some words.

I would like to get into stuff like homemade electronics, circuit bending and chiptune. Maybe invest in some extra synths and software programs. All this i need money for though ahaha story of my life.