Austria

learning lsdj a lot, also how to collaborate with my best friend, he plays guitar. I want to be able to jam with him on the GB with a lsdj-keyboard, so there will be some interpretal things too ^^

Switzerland

I'm joining this challenge mainly to raise motivation but also to help me finish tracks as I tend to never complete any of them and they finish stranded on a hard-drive. Also I'd like the results to be usable material for game soundtracks as I'd like to dig myself a bit more seriously into game development this year. For the last reason, I think my tunes will sound more ambient and targeted for being looped. But don't get me wrong, this is not a limitation, just a guideline for me in case I lose inspiration!
Cheers

Last edited by Ashtom (January 1, 2012 7:41 pm)

Ashtom wrote:

I'm joining this challenge mainly to raise motivation but also to help me finish tracks as I tend to never complete any of them and they finish stranded on a hard-drive.

datto

Philadelphia, PA

I think this challenge will help my lazy-ass attitude. I make a song every two months, haha.

A big issue though is going to be getting high quality jams while working under such a pressure.

Leeds

To overcome my mental-block of not being able to complete songs; I make music ALL THE TIME but easily get bored and move onto other tracks/projects before completing unfinished work.

Boston, MA

1. Write a bunch of songs
2. Start kazoo orchestra
3. Be recognized as the best ever
4. ....?
5. Profit

Seriously though, I want to improve my musicianship by playing/writing every week with no breaks. I've done the RPM Challenge for the past three years and I always feel a little burnt out after completing it and end up taking too long of a break afterwards. I'm thinking this will be a more sustainable pace for me.

Madison, Alabama

I'm generally a pretty slow composer, so I'm looking forward to forced speed.  I want to incorporate a lot of different instruments in with chip, too. I'm comfortable mixing chip with acoustic guitar, but mandolin...not so much.  I'm going to try though.

I also used to write songs with lyrics, and I haven't written any lyrics in over a year.  I'd like to do some singing this year.

FL

My personal goal for this year is to create a track that is good enough to be played in a live dance environment, so I actually see drunk people dancing and enjoying the song. Maybe is seems a bit much.. but thats what I want.

Stop experimenting and start writing.

Berlin

Funny thing is I was planning on doing a track a week this year. This site has given me that extra bit of motivation to actually do it. Think a lot of us have the same problem,start a track get too many ideas, lose focus then move onto something else, going round in circles.

Last edited by greigxberg (January 3, 2012 9:05 pm)

Melbourne, Australia

Finish a fucking album

Madison, Alabama
Derris-Kharlan wrote:

Finish a fucking album

52 song album!

Adelaide SA

Not to repeat myself 52 times in 52 weeks maybe? rephrase: try and create something slightly original in each week.

Derris-Kharlan wrote:

Finish a fucking album

Is the album called "big foot rides a flying pig"?

Collaborations.

Melbourne, Australia
Lazerbeat wrote:
Derris-Kharlan wrote:

Finish a fucking album

Is the album called "big foot rides a flying pig"?

You know it brodah