Adelaide, South Australia

Electro-acoustic, musique concrete/field recording collage, site-specific installation (prob. not applicable here, really), drone-ish, ambient-ish, newbie/non-conformist emulated chiptune (via nanoloop iOS), minimalist electro, film music, small room shoegaze, shagpile swamp blues and Normanville folk.

Central VA
Poppi wrote:

Minimalist/experimental electronic/electroacoustic, musique concrete, soundscape, acoustic folk (plus some).

Are you Poppi as in Poppi Doser of Antia?  My love for that collaboration is infinite.

adelaide

Correct.

L003, C0rnw4//.

I make music for childrens TV

adelaide

That's awesome!

AU
idevourstatic wrote:

I make music for childrens TV

Wow!  It must be fun seeing the compositions line up to the picture (if they don't cut the stems around in post).

Oh and I used to go to Cornwall for holidays as a kid, so big greetings from Australia!

L003, C0rnw4//.

I have to admit that was typed in a most cold blooded sarcastic manner teeeheeee ^_^ I write Illicit chip noise/drone & other creations that turn stomachs, sorry haha it would be an awesome job though ^.~

But thanks ctrix!! thats awesome you used to come over here, I fuking loved your gAtari - blew me away when I first saw it! My first console was a clunky old 2600.

Cornwall sends Oz some big love.

Serbia

chipmusic, ambient, noise, electronic, experimental

Cleveland, OH
idevourstatic wrote:

I have to admit that was typed in a most cold blooded sarcastic manner teeeheeee ^_^ I write Illicit chip noise/drone & other creations that turn stomachs, sorry haha it would be an awesome job though ^.~

But thanks ctrix!! thats awesome you used to come over here, I fuking loved your gAtari - blew me away when I first saw it! My first console was a clunky old 2600.

Cornwall sends Oz some big love.

Don't worry, I got the joke smile

Usually however i feel like doing really. I think its best not to restrict your self to just any genres. Like one day i feel like making an electro song and another day maybe a grindcore tune. I like to keep myself open and of course with what resources i got.

I like to make chiptunes songs for example but i've yet to learn how to properly manipulate real sound cards off consoles or even so much as a Game Boy synthcard so i have to settle with programs like Famitracker. I would like to make punk songs aswell but im a dreadful vocalist tongue

I'll just make whatever i feel like doing.

Last edited by MLDVR (January 6, 2012 2:24 am)

NSW

^^^

Last edited by popsicle (May 11, 2012 6:33 pm)

Philadelphia, PA

I make what I like to listen to.

...'lectro house.

Chicago

aggressive music (i.e. punk, hardcore, grindcore, well anything x-core)
I mean 'chipthrash' gets thrown around, but that term doesn't have a true definition other than 'make people thrash about'
I've been telling people I write angry poems set to angry music for our Lord Jesus Christ.

and I do acoustic music with silly capo placements and weird chord progressions.

Tacoma WA

drone and stuffs

Gosford, Australia

i'm gonna try some electroacoustic stuff. hopefully more acoustic than electro.

basically what i do now besides chip music is faff around with different genres as they take my fancy. i gravitate a lot towards synthpop and fast paced electronic genres (dnb, happy hardcore etc).

UTAH

Probably my biggest problem, I'm not quite sure where I sit as an artist.  I tend to get stuck on different genres, I listen to everything from Jacazsek to Skilliam & Elijah.  And then write according to what I'm stuck on... I guess I don't know how to handle/market myself as an artist.  I need focus.