Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting January 1st 2024 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Devieus's music / Power Down Ranch

Power Down Ranch

By Devieus on May 8, 2024 6:07 am

Just gonna take it nice and easy this week, it's not even really metal at this point, I'm just calling chipcountry now.

It's pretty sparse, too, even with the birds, so if you want to add to it, go right ahead.
- Spider

Audio works licensed by author under:
CC Attribution Noncommercial (BY-NC)

Another "Power" week! So maybe it's chipcountry, but it's power chipcountry. The glitchy samples are somewhat surprising, but after a while I dig that!

Speaking of things to add, country mostly calls for vocals! I imagine half-spoken vocals over this.

rplktr wrote:

Another "Power" week! So maybe it's chipcountry, but it's power chipcountry. The glitchy samples are somewhat surprising, but after a while I dig that!

Speaking of things to add, country mostly calls for vocals! I imagine half-spoken vocals over this.


Almost all our titles will be power themed, it's easy, and fitting.

Not sure if vocals are required, instrumental country can be a massive vibe. If you want to add vocals to it though, by all means do.
- Devieus

I like how you easy into this one. When the kick/snare come in they add so much to it. Dig that glitchy slide bass at 1:35, I was on the edge of my seat wanting to hear more of it! Nice birds as always, how the hell do you make the birds btw?

Agree with SQF, that bass slide at 1:35 is really cool! Wish it would stay longer!
Also, great bird sounds, suits the mood!

This is a very unexpected genre mixup and it's a lot of fun.

What missing is a lap steel guitar solo to complete this ultimate metal chip country music song. The birdy did a good job as always.

I am here for chip country! Never a dull genre invented on weekly beats. Might have been cool to throw in some bits with a guitar slide in or out of the chords 🤔

Reminded me vaguely of this guy Hobotech from back in the day https://on.soundcloud.com/QvdNaUDVr5TpyZan6

SQF wrote:

I like how you easy into this one. When the kick/snare come in they add so much to it. Dig that glitchy slide bass at 1:35, I was on the edge of my seat wanting to hear more of it! Nice birds as always, how the hell do you make the birds btw?


It's supposed to be a dinosaur, one of the birds, but big. At the time we didn't think too much of it, it didn't really fit as bird, but now we know that birds are dinosaurs, so it's perfectly fine.

The birds are made through the procedural generator. LMMS uses an open format so the instrument plugins (from the default LMMS plugins) and notes are set and placed that way.

xavier marques wrote:

Agree with SQF, that bass slide at 1:35 is really cool! Wish it would stay longer!
Also, great bird sounds, suits the mood!


You'll have to take it up with the bird department, the dino does one free roar per week.

BarristerPlong wrote:

This is a very unexpected genre mixup and it's a lot of fun.


Guess it was just one of those weeks, you know. It's good to know we have options.

Q-Rosh wrote:

What missing is a lap steel guitar solo to complete this ultimate metal chip country music song. The birdy did a good job as always.


Unfortunately, we don't have one. If you do, or know someone who does, send them this song and they can add it to it.

prophisee wrote:

I am here for chip country! Never a dull genre invented on weekly beats. Might have been cool to throw in some bits with a guitar slide in or out of the chords 🤔

Reminded me vaguely of this guy Hobotech from back in the day https://on.soundcloud.com/QvdNaUDVr5TpyZan6


Next time we'll definitely try to work that in.



- Raioh

Chipcoutry yay! It's ok to take it easy. I also welcome more chipcountry in the future.

I agree with everyone, chipcountry is a really interesting genre mix... now I gotta get a neon purple duster for the retro cyber-cowboy hoedown

i really dig this one. that guitar sounds great, even the birds seem to like it  smile

Neat! Has a nice, steady sense of power to it.

Kedbreak136 wrote:

Chipcoutry yay! It's ok to take it easy. I also welcome more chipcountry in the future.


It's always nice to have something to fall back to. Maybe even a prospective album.

Napear wrote:

I agree with everyone, chipcountry is a really interesting genre mix... now I gotta get a neon purple duster for the retro cyber-cowboy hoedown


Don't forget your light gun.

jwh wrote:

i really dig this one. that guitar sounds great, even the birds seem to like it  smile


It does seem to be glitching a little at times, which seems to be a connection issue, but that's been fixed. They'll be happy about that for sure.

levelcapybara wrote:

Neat! Has a nice, steady sense of power to it.


There's great power in relaxation.


- Raioh

LOL "chipcountry" nice one :-) excellent guitar as usual

Mission Crossing wrote:

LOL "chipcountry" nice one :-) excellent guitar as usual


Breaking new ground this year.
- V

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up