Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

Elevator

By Ashen Simian on February 2, 2020 11:07 am

I bought recently a very cheap rack version of Roland Fantom XR. It has some very beautiful and realistic electric piano waves and I wanted to use some of those. Here they are... the backing is my usual stuff; Akai Rhythm Wolf + Korg ES-1 + Roland TR09 for the beats and Moog Slim Phatty, Korg Wavestation SR and Roland JV1080 for sequenced stuff, run by Yamaha QY70 seq unit.
Personally I like this one quite a bit. The EQ was a bit of a rush job, so some frequencies may be a bit high on certain speakers...

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
February 3, 2020 6:34 pm

Beautiful electric piano sound and playing.  TR09 is really earning its keep.  Good full sounding rhythm. Love that wilting, arcade sounding synth that comes in at the middle.  Nice work as always... on my second listen smile

February 3, 2020 8:01 pm

I liked the evolution of this one and some really cool sounds to soak in.  No harsh frequencies through my headphones. 

February 4, 2020 1:10 am

great rhodes and then the beats evolving out of it... and I actually have a fantom x7 and have expanded it...HIGHLY recommend the SRX 06 if you can find it cheap...orchestra expansion. I have spitfire and some other good sample libraries, but there's something about the players in that sample board that I really do recommend it.  Also recommend  the srx 09...world expansion.  SUPER great world sounds...only comparable I have found so far is Ra from eastwest...but it's amazing....

Back to your track though, I like the insistent pulse a whole lot...it's like a relaxing bubbling thing that then evolves...it's like the first half lets your relax and then it transforms.  Cool stuff, man.

February 6, 2020 1:15 am

That's a great pitch. Those arps really punch it up a bit.

February 6, 2020 7:44 pm

Very beautiful, I like the sounds bringing a living, breathing quality to the track, whispers and heartbeats. There's a retro-futuristic detective film noir vibe in here that I just love, great track!

February 7, 2020 10:40 am
NWSPR wrote:

Beautiful electric piano sound and playing.  TR09 is really earning its keep.  Good full sounding rhythm. Love that wilting, arcade sounding synth that comes in at the middle.  Nice work as always... on my second listen smile

Great! Thanks!  that arcade sound was a happy accident. I originally was after something else, but dialed in a wrong sound... which was the right sound in the end. It´s unusual, but fits well and makes the mood a bit sinister too...

February 7, 2020 10:42 am
CosmicCairns wrote:

I liked the evolution of this one and some really cool sounds to soak in.  No harsh frequencies through my headphones.

Thanks!!! I actually deleted the harsher EQ mix and replaced it with a new, better one... just forgot to change the description smile

February 7, 2020 10:43 am
Nick_Jones wrote:

great rhodes and then the beats evolving out of it... and I actually have a fantom x7 and have expanded it...HIGHLY recommend the SRX 06 if you can find it cheap...orchestra expansion. I have spitfire and some other good sample libraries, but there's something about the players in that sample board that I really do recommend it.  Also recommend  the srx 09...world expansion.  SUPER great world sounds...only comparable I have found so far is Ra from eastwest...but it's amazing....

Back to your track though, I like the insistent pulse a whole lot...it's like a relaxing bubbling thing that then evolves...it's like the first half lets your relax and then it transforms.  Cool stuff, man.

Thanks!  The Fantom is a great go-to box when in a hurry smile Always something workable there somewhere.

February 7, 2020 10:45 am
Devieus wrote:

That's a great pitch. Those arps really punch it up a bit.

Gab Manette wrote:

Very beautiful, I like the sounds bringing a living, breathing quality to the track, whispers and heartbeats. There's a retro-futuristic detective film noir vibe in here that I just love, great track!

Thanks guys! E piano sounds are some of my all-time favourites. I actually owned a Wurlitzer 200 for a short time years ago. It was not in the best of shape, so I let it go. I sometimes dream of getting an old rhodes one day...

February 12, 2020 11:30 am

Super mix, thick and lovely drums!

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up