NL

I have the worst uptime, but no one seems to want it for some reason regardless, which means I'll be the only one until someone else will seed it alongside me.

berlin

allright ... so here is a little info tutorial on P2P...

P2P is legal if you dont share copyrighted material (Madonna , JayZ, Beatles, etc) ...

you can minimize the traffic that is going away / out of your computer as low as 1 b/s .... that will be almost unnoticeably to your connection.

the files are stored on your computer.

what you gotta do to help?

install a torrent machine. it is software (can anybody post a link please?) then you click on a link to a file and start downloading the weekly beats files which contain all the tracks the users have posted.

after and during your download you are uploading from your computer bits and pieces of those files, other users receive those bits and pieces from you AND from others who do the same thing.

dont wait!

Riverside, CA

OP updated.
Torrents added to my server for maximum seedage.

Also holy shit, the size of each week's zip files for this year are way larger than in 2012!
That's a good thing I suppose smile

Portland, OR

I've got all the torrents added to my machine but am not at 100% seeding for any of them, yet. I'll keep them seeding in case anyone else wants to grab them, just need to get me to 100%.

NL
TrabanT wrote:

allright ... so here is a little info tutorial on P2P...

P2P is legal if you dont share copyrighted material (Madonna , JayZ, Beatles, etc) ...

you can minimize the traffic that is going away / out of your computer as low as 1 b/s .... that will be almost unnoticeably to your connection.

the files are stored on your computer.

what you gotta do to help?

install a torrent machine. it is software (can anybody post a link please?) then you click on a link to a file and start downloading the weekly beats files which contain all the tracks the users have posted.

after and during your download you are uploading from your computer bits and pieces of those files, other users receive those bits and pieces from you AND from others who do the same thing.

dont wait!

Actually, a lot of the stuff uploaded to this site is copyrighted (just check the copyright file included). It's still pretty much okay as long as it remains within this circle I suppose, this site provides free downloads anyway, and I don't think anyone really minds unloading some of the strain on the server and introducing a bit of ease into getting everything at once by stuffing it on torrents.

Los Angeles

Personally I don't like copyright. But if you plan on torrenting music submitted on WeeklyBeats, you should probably filter out copyrighted material as it's questionably legal and disrespectful to the artists whom have chosen that license.

berlin

that is a good point with the copyright !!! ... i cant get the torrents anyways because it is a couple of gig and I down them with 5kb ...

Riverside, CA
Trash80 wrote:

Personally I don't like copyright. But if you plan on torrenting music submitted on WeeklyBeats, you should probably filter out copyrighted material as it's questionably legal and disrespectful to the artists whom have chosen that license.

The only potential problem would be the ones under 'All Rights Reserved' right?
We could just filter out those tracks.

NL

Can do, but doing it retroactively is way too much trouble right now, 10 weeks in, but I'll do it if anyone requests it. I'll have it done for week 11 onward and I'll leave the song in the copyrights list so people can tell what they're missing.

Still, people can get everything from the servers with this.

Week 11 is uploaded, it is 747 MB.

Last edited by Devieus (March 19, 2014 12:14 pm)

NL

Week 12 is added, it is 779 MB and what the fuck is going on with your avatar.

Riverside, CA
Devieus wrote:

what the fuck is going on with your avatar.

Weekly Avatar wink

MKE
jiffypop23 wrote:
Devieus wrote:

what the fuck is going on with your avatar.

Weekly Avatar wink

I like your new avatar, what's it from?

Riverside, CA
Ipaghost wrote:
jiffypop23 wrote:

Weekly Avatar wink

I like your new avatar, what's it from?

Nonon from Kill la Kill

Riverside, CA

Week 13 is up.

NL
jiffypop23 wrote:

Week 13 is up.

That doesn't sound right, I think you forgot to remove the copyrighted stuff.

On top of that, iamdanielgreen hasn't uploaded his song and is waiting on facebook for a link.

Riverside, CA
Devieus wrote:
jiffypop23 wrote:

Week 13 is up.

That doesn't sound right, I think you forgot to remove the copyrighted stuff.

On top of that, iamdanielgreen hasn't uploaded his song and is waiting on facebook for a link.

I did. Do you have an updated version of your Python script that filters them out?
I figured Tuesday night was late enough for any stragglers.