Weeklybeats 2018 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / zlatovlas's music / Farewell dinner

Farewell dinner

By zlatovlas on February 11, 2018 3:07 pm

Hello,

this week I tried to draw my samples by hand in Renoise and make a composition with them. I made a 4 instruments and used no modulation just fx code that's present to every note (vibration, slide, volume, etc...).

Made in Renoise, no mastering, that's it

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Share Alike (BY-SA)

  • Play
  • Download
February 12, 2018 4:37 am

Well-composed! What sample settings did you use for drawing waves? I have yet to use this approach in Renoise, but I'm thinking of giving it a try...

February 12, 2018 8:38 am
gpsychosis wrote:

Well-composed! What sample settings did you use for drawing waves? I have yet to use this approach in Renoise, but I'm thinking of giving it a try...

Thank you! I used default settings, 168 samples, Mono, 44100Hz and 16 bit. It will work with smaller values too, but I didn't care about it much. Give it a try, it's fun to search for the right tone color smile

February 12, 2018 8:58 am

All good! very nice chord and tune. Love it bro ( ^,^)b

February 12, 2018 9:57 am
zlatovlas wrote:
gpsychosis wrote:

Well-composed! What sample settings did you use for drawing waves? I have yet to use this approach in Renoise, but I'm thinking of giving it a try...

Thank you! I used default settings, 168 samples, Mono, 44100Hz and 16 bit. It will work with smaller values too, but I didn't care about it much. Give it a try, it's fun to search for the right tone color smile


Cool, thanks for the info!

February 12, 2018 11:59 am
Shakaboyd wrote:

All good! very nice chord and tune. Love it bro ( ^,^)b

Thank you Shakaboyd! I am glad you like it smile

February 13, 2018 10:03 am

Nice composition and use of tracker effects smile The instruments sound beefy!

gpsychosis wrote:

Well-composed! What sample settings did you use for drawing waves? I have yet to use this approach in Renoise, but I'm thinking of giving it a try...

you can also try multiplying 168 by 2 or more, if you want less chippy waveforms smile I like to use 1344 samples. Keep in mind that it'll be slightly out of tune. Here's a nice thread about that http://forum.renoise.com/index.php/topic/43661-hand-drawn-samples-tuning-question/

February 13, 2018 12:08 pm
purelygrey wrote:

Nice composition and use of tracker effects smile The instruments sound beefy!

gpsychosis wrote:

Well-composed! What sample settings did you use for drawing waves? I have yet to use this approach in Renoise, but I'm thinking of giving it a try...

you can also try multiplying 168 by 2 or more, if you want less chippy waveforms smile I like to use 1344 samples. Keep in mind that it'll be slightly out of tune. Here's a nice thread about that http://forum.renoise.com/index.php/topic/43661-hand-drawn-samples-tuning-question/

Thanks purelygrey for feedback and for that information! Now I want to experiment with this approach even more smile

February 13, 2018 6:37 pm

The chiptune style is great, well done.

February 13, 2018 7:36 pm
Devieus wrote:

The chiptune style is great, well done.

Thank you Devieus!

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up