Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / zirafa's music / disastrous-export

disastrous-export

By zirafa on February 3, 2020 12:01 am

It was a disaster trying to export this track! I sampled myself making some synth sounds and then sliced and sequenced them into little loops -- but when exporting the loops to arrange them for mixing, the software kept shifting the original sample timing around. I decided to just try and do a last minute live performance using the software itself, but of course loopback recording on a mac is a pain and I didn't have time to figure that out. So I quickly hooked up an h2 zoom recorder via 1/8", quickly recorded from the software, then realized I didn't have the right usb cable to get the file off the h2. So I popped out the h2's micro flash, and of course didn't have a micro flash adapter to plug into my sd card reader on my comp, so i opened up my phone and swapped out my microsd and finally pulled it off my phone...aaaahhhhh

...ended up much messier than i would have liked but ah well.


This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved

  • Play
  • Download
February 10, 2020 6:27 pm


Weird about the shifting... I wonder what is going on. What Daw is it? Sounds cool though!

February 10, 2020 8:03 pm

i have no idea where that came from or if i like it but let's do it again forever

February 10, 2020 10:57 pm

Ironically, the mood of the piece also reflects the panic of multiple things going wrong at the same time.  The triplet "glass clink" at 50% is one of those moments that captures my imagination and makes me keep thinking about it long after experiencing the piece.  The reverb jolts feel like closing your eyes and opening them to find that you are someplace else.  THIS TRACK IS AMAZING.  I would love to hear the bad export version!

February 12, 2020 10:47 am

Diggin the wonky electro vibe. Things are definitely not 100% in control, lovely!

February 15, 2020 8:34 pm

listened to this multiple times, its sick. timing is wild, but when it comes together smoothly its a banging footwork beat.

February 16, 2020 11:42 pm
Ipaghost wrote:


Weird about the shifting... I wonder what is going on. What Daw is it? Sounds cool though!

It's an older version of Maschine's software. I dumped in a long audio file and spliced it into samples so I could sequence it. But when I exported all the slice points were all slightly off.


starpause wrote:

i have no idea where that came from or if i like it but let's do it again forever

!!! haha i'm down

orangedrink wrote:

Ironically, the mood of the piece also reflects the panic of multiple things going wrong at the same time.  The triplet "glass clink" at 50% is one of those moments that captures my imagination and makes me keep thinking about it long after experiencing the piece.  The reverb jolts feel like closing your eyes and opening them to find that you are someplace else.  THIS TRACK IS AMAZING.  I would love to hear the bad export version!

thanks dude. yeah i think maybe the panic nature of the process worked in the end, but it was mad stressful at the time...


Futsies wrote:

Diggin the wonky electro vibe. Things are definitely not 100% in control, lovely!

franky wrote:

listened to this multiple times, its sick. timing is wild, but when it comes together smoothly its a banging footwork beat.

thanks!

February 17, 2020 12:08 am

this is the soundtrack to a panicked problem solving sesh if ever I heard one.

February 17, 2020 5:39 pm

Disastrous export, excellent track. Great use of reverb. Nice work!

February 18, 2020 8:34 am

I liked the sound of your original idea and I would be keen to hear that when it finally comes together, but this track is excellent! Great save.

February 20, 2020 3:20 pm

More disasters pls

February 23, 2020 7:08 am
scottux wrote:

this is the soundtrack to a panicked problem solving sesh if ever I heard one.


haha, at least the name fits.


Mission Crossing wrote:

Disastrous export, excellent track. Great use of reverb. Nice work!

Ryan wrote:

I liked the sound of your original idea and I would be keen to hear that when it finally comes together, but this track is excellent! Great save.

license wrote:

More disasters pls

Thanks. I'll try to mess things up more in the future for you all

February 24, 2020 5:29 am
zirafa wrote:


Thanks. I'll try to mess things up more in the future for you all

"big mood"

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up