WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Ryan's music / Jemima's Jim Jam Jammy Jam

Jemima's Jim Jam Jammy Jam

By Ryan on February 3, 2020 12:01 am

RE-UPLOADED WITH COMPLETE VERSION!

Just scraped it in this week, struggling to find the time for WB while I prepare for upcoming gigs. I think the next couple of submissions will be brief modular jams like this.

There are three parts in this track; a melody played by Mutable Instruments Rings and sequenced by Rene, a Pad coming from Mannequins Just Friends in polyphonic synth mode being sequenced by a Monome Teletype script and percussion is the Noise Engineering Manis Iteritas. I had actually intended this week to write a piece focussed on harsh noise featuring the Manis Iteritas but in the end this was more my mood.

The harsh noise will come next week.

Mwahaha

Also Apologies for some clipping in the mix, it would appear that my crappy old Zoom audio interface does not like eurorack signal levels too much.

February 10, 2020 11:38 am

Very lovely piece!  Musically playful sequences and tastefully restrained on the MI percussion.  Cool end panning etc.  I'm assuming the TT for those tones?

February 11, 2020 1:11 am
rdomain wrote:

Thanks man. I'm really starting to grow fond of the Manis. The Teletype was pretty much exclusively sequencing Just Friends, I set up 5 scripts that formed a chord progression in G  and then had the TT randomly select which chord to play. I also had the TT clock the delay tempo and I found that the Teletype is really bad at sending a consistent pulse when you code it a certain way. I kept getting these slight variations in tempo which caused the delay to bend the pitch of the audio. Cool effect but annoying if you want an accurate clock.

February 11, 2020 6:31 am

Ah yes, sorry I did mean the JF for the tones!  The TT does sound like a fun module for scripting and yep, I know what you mean when the clock isn't solid.  Drives you crazy when you're clocking delays.  The reason I upgraded to the newer Wogglebug.

February 12, 2020 2:44 pm

I started to picture a nice sunrise melting icicles as it comes up, I'm in love with those panned delays heart

February 12, 2020 11:29 pm

very warm and very....."flowy"  ?

yeah, i'm into it smile

February 15, 2020 10:02 am

nice and peacefull. Love it.

February 15, 2020 7:06 pm

really pretty!

February 16, 2020 4:00 pm

Nice one!!! Even if i love the harsh sounds i can definitly go with some beautifull stuff smile
These delays and the warble effects are quite nice!
Well done!

February 16, 2020 11:10 pm
Gab Manette wrote:

I started to picture a nice sunrise melting icicles as it comes up, I'm in love with those panned delays <3

orangedrink wrote:

very warm and very....."flowy"  ?

yeah, i'm into it smile

Q-Rosh wrote:

nice and peacefull. Love it.

kaedo sevaada wrote:

really pretty!

theGuen wrote:

These delays and the warble effects are quite nice!
Well done!

Thanks everyone for listening!

February 17, 2020 5:34 am

enjoyed this one, really nice string modeling

February 20, 2020 3:54 am

String timbres are on point with this. smile

February 20, 2020 3:24 pm

Lovely. Pure winter sunshine.

February 21, 2020 2:29 pm

Loving the calming sounds of the synths in this.  It has a nice hypnotic atmosphere to it.  Well done!