Weeklybeats 2018 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

Funsai suru

By Wisefire on June 3, 2018 11:58 pm

Funsai suru - Crush


Crushing hot peppers makes sambal, and if you wanna crush ice, just be kawaii.


It's my approximation of Samba, but then it gets dark.


Any and all comments are welcome! hate it? love it? feel indifferent about it? let me know!

This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved

  • Play
  • Download
June 4, 2018 12:12 am

I feel like with a few more elements this could be a well-rounded track. I like the ideas in here, does feel like it needs more to be more cohesive, if that makes sense lmao. The chiptune arp, although sparse does a good job at that

June 4, 2018 12:27 am

That's one funky beach party.

I think the kalimba needs a bit more power to it.

June 4, 2018 1:17 am

Very nice, this one has an unusual swing but it works really well heart I love the main melody, and how this tune varies as it goes along. Great stuff heart

July 12, 2018 9:45 pm

love the drumbeat.  agreed with Devieus, stronger KALIMBA

July 16, 2018 12:24 am
Mortistar wrote:

I feel like with a few more elements this could be a well-rounded track. I like the ideas in here, does feel like it needs more to be more cohesive, if that makes sense lmao. The chiptune arp, although sparse does a good job at that

You're right, Samba is really not my thing, and i was kind of struggling to fill the voids, halfway i decided to just fsck it and go dark again tongue

Devieus wrote:

That's one funky beach party.

I think the kalimba needs a bit more power to it.

Thnx dude!
You're absolutely right, listening to this after a few weeks. it could do with some better mixing in general.

hieme wrote:

Very nice, this one has an unusual swing but it works really well <3 I love the main melody, and how this tune varies as it goes along. Great stuff <3

Thnx man! that samba swing is very unusual to pop music, i think. it's fun to explore different genres.

orangedrink wrote:

love the drumbeat.  agreed with Devieus, stronger KALIMBA

When trying to emulate samba, the drumbeat was the first thing i worked on. glad to hear it came out okay! smile

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up