WeeklyBeats.com / Music / vimster's music / Those Old Milk Cartons

Those Old Milk Cartons

By vimster on July 11, 2020 2:29 pm

This track is like those old milk cartons you used to get before the nice twist-top things now: it was really hard to get into, brute-forced it and subsequently ended up with a mess. But I do like the ideas and the chords, just topped and tailed it and got it out the door.

July 14, 2020 8:12 am

Much like those old cartons, I didn't have any issue with this at all.

July 14, 2020 5:48 pm

Milky and dreamy.

July 14, 2020 8:50 pm

wobbly wavy pads and bass riding along

July 16, 2020 1:36 am

Those slight bends in the bass are really fun. The broken chords are interesting, a lot of tonal and pitch variations make that sound cool. I'd consider what variations you could add in the middle of the phrases - maybe a few grace notes as fills or some changes in the bass. I think my favorite sound is the vox-like sound, you could make a track that uses that as a feature by itself.

July 16, 2020 7:19 pm
Arcana wrote:

Cheers for the constructive feedback. I honestly can't say I understood everything you said, for me making music is several parts intuition and inspiration, tend to see how things pan out rather than plan them. This one was a bit of a struggle, it was only a few bars for a fair while and I had to really stretch my brain to extend it out to what it became.