Weeklybeats 2018 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Tweaklab's music / The Gallop of Destiny

The Gallop of Destiny

By Tweaklab on February 4, 2018 10:47 pm

This week I wanted to scratch one off the music bucket list, and that is to make a Sabaton / PAIN styled power metal track.

I think I mostly succeeded, there's 6-string backed by 8-string, I played the bass parts on the 8-string (close enough haha) and of course, lots of palm muted chugs and epic synth leads.

I wrote some lyrics but didn't get a chance / the confidence to record them, but imagine them in Joakim Brodén's voice. Without realizing it at first the inspiration for the lyrics comes from Dethklok/Metalocalypse for anyone familiar with the story arc and song titles from the Dethalbums.

Since the dawn of history,
In despite of tyranny,
From the depths below the sea,
Is The Gallop of Destiny.

Our heroes have been warned,
Just one would test their scorn,
Universes are reborn,
To the tale of ancient song.

February 6, 2018 7:15 am

I don't think this even needs lyrics to sound great. Although I would have loved to hear them!
I'm actually on my second repeat, due to the love I have for Sabaton!

Great work, love it!

February 6, 2018 7:41 am
Glaze wrote:

I'm actually on my second repeat, due to the love I have for Sabaton!

Great work, love it!

Thank you! I really appreciate the kind words especially coming from a fellow Sabaton fan! It's a genre I plan on experimenting with lots this year smile

February 7, 2018 7:29 pm

Not

February 9, 2018 4:13 am

So ridiculously epic!  This would be my walk-in music if I was a professional wrestler.

February 9, 2018 11:10 pm

Powerful stuff, maybe some polish/dirt on the guitar, but for the most part it's solid.

February 10, 2018 10:02 pm
orangedrink wrote:

Haha thanks man! I never thought of that. big_smile I can't wait to make more of this stuff.