Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WB18_27

By Tri Angles on July 8, 2018 11:54 pm

Holy shit guys we made it halfway.

Powered up the setup and made this in like... 90 minutes? Piano and flute from logic during editing.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
July 9, 2018 4:39 am

Hazy, just how I like it. Who knows what the rest of the year holds?

July 9, 2018 2:37 pm

Very much digging the summery tempo--and the thick and humid atmosphere. Great textures!  Flute's a great choice.

July 10, 2018 7:28 pm

WHY ARE YOU SO AMAZING?

Seriously, I love all of your work and I am just in awe of how you do it.  Teach me, Obi-Wan!  smile

July 10, 2018 7:30 pm

What does VOID do and what are those two things to the left of the mixer, second row?

Thanks for the pic of your setup!

July 11, 2018 4:27 am
orangedrink wrote:

What does VOID do and what are those two things to the left of the mixer, second row?

the void is a short reverb. the 2nd row im guessing is the Meeblip Anode, and a Yamaha MU-5 running the midi send. tiny keypad synth, huge analog bass/ great high lead sounds. i run it with split out, one straight and then one thru the COMP/VOID/BONES combo as a cheap trashy multi-layer multiband-comped top layer for the first one. it's a super cheap lofi way to emulate a high-end, resampled and fully produced bass sound. you can hear both the highs and lows of it in this track big_smile

July 11, 2018 5:00 am
Tri Angles wrote:

[i run it with split out, one straight and then one thru the COMP/VOID/BONES combo as a cheap trashy multi-layer multiband-comped top layer for the first one. it's a super cheap lofi way to emulate a high-end, resampled and fully produced bass sound. you can hear both the highs and lows of it in this track big_smile

WHOA.  I never thought about stuff like that before.  Thanks for taking the time to explain it.  My send/return game is very weak!  Really cool ideas man.

July 11, 2018 5:25 am
orangedrink wrote:

Really cool ideas

cheers! i got a couple more to implement soon smile

July 12, 2018 10:14 pm

Love that guitar sound, unless it's the piano, in which case it's still awesome.

The 30 seconds of silence at the end is maybe a bit too bold of a move.

July 13, 2018 5:19 am
Devieus wrote:

Love that guitar sound, unless it's the piano, in which case it's still awesome.

The 30 seconds of silence at the end is maybe a bit too bold of a move.

haha don't know how that ended up there. oh well.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up