WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Tone Matrix's music / Memory of a Memory

Memory of a Memory

By Tone Matrix on March 22, 2020 5:59 pm

Once again I was finding it hard to get myself in front of the keyboard to work on stuff.  I did at least organize my collection of "let me download this and forget it" sample packs.  So on Friday night I did some noodling on the keyboard in the dark.  I ended up with a 16min midi capture (thank you Ableton!) that I cropped into a 5min track.  Hope everyone is staying healthy and avoiding cabin fever!

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Share Alike (BY-SA)

March 23, 2020 1:43 am

This is what plays as we all emerge from our houses and begin to rebuild society.  Haha except there will probably be a lot less destruction and bodies than what I'm envisioning (hopefully).  Gorgeous sound man, love the drone and strings in the background too.  Really helps create a nice environment for this piece.

March 23, 2020 4:32 pm

Just what I need. Tranquility in these hard times. It is very spacious. Loving the notes you're not playing, if you know what I mean!

March 23, 2020 8:25 pm

It has a nice somber mood that feels particularly "of the moment" right now.  Excellent use of restraint as well.

March 25, 2020 2:23 pm

Definitely a good time to organize, I have a list of things to get done with all this downtime, great piece of music, as stated above that drone in the background is fantastic.  This is somber but can also feel the hope coming through.  Stay healthy and will be waiting to hear what you have for next week.

March 25, 2020 5:02 pm

Very beautiful piece, tugged my heartstrings but it felt good heart

March 26, 2020 2:06 am

Yeah, I'm actually trying to organize my music/files as well.  YIKES.

Beautiful piece.  The rumbling undercurrent matches my current mood.  Calm, relaxed, but low level tension as a constant.

March 26, 2020 1:26 pm

The piano part is great by itself, but the addition of the droning note in the background adds so much. At low volumes, I couldn't initially hear it, but felt it. When I turned it up, the impact of the sound differed in how it affected the song. I think there is also a pad that is droning an octave up? It's nicely mixed into there and can hide amid the piano.

March 27, 2020 4:59 pm
Chrisfoo wrote:

Wouldn't it be great if halfway through the song some drums start to play to signify this construction and as the song progresses more and more things get added? That'd've been nice and optimistic.

March 29, 2020 8:37 pm

so rich & powerful - really lovely piece!

March 29, 2020 11:42 pm