Weeklybeats 2018 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

You Are Late

By theGuen on February 4, 2018 10:01 pm

This week a redo of an track i did for an other project...
I removed some samples and added a bit guitar.
This time i pulled out the e guitar... much more easy to play smile
E-Guitar and E-Bass are recorded directly through the mic in of the sp404 no amps no nothing.
Yesterday i was quite satisfied today i think it is awfull clean and maybe a bit boring...

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
February 5, 2018 7:16 am

It is neither boring nor too clean.
You Should be satisfied, cause it all Ties together very well.
Sounds are Great, drums are great and i wish it could have lasted a few minutes longer!

February 6, 2018 2:26 am

I know the feeling.  I'll finish something and be happy with it and then listen to it later and think it's horrible.  But I agree nothing to be ashamed of here.  A nice pleasant little track that I will second could have been a little longer.

February 6, 2018 12:12 pm

Well-made track, keeps my interest throughout! Rhythmically especially smile

February 6, 2018 3:50 pm

Alien jazz. Nice!

February 7, 2018 3:47 am

Great bassline, like the horn stabs, and the bits of sound dropping in and out, I think it’s all great

February 7, 2018 4:23 pm

Nah, not boring at all! Has a nice dusty sound to it. I dig the beat. Guitar and bass sound good here. Everything ties together nicely. Well done, I'd say!

February 7, 2018 6:52 pm

I like this beat! Great horn chops and stabs, good bass sound too. I like the rhythm. Interesting how you recorded straight into the 404, that probably added some character to it, nice. Yeah I can relate to that feeling of listening back and having doubts, I think that happens often to everyone, happened to me this week actually.

February 7, 2018 8:06 pm

is the scream a human person voice?

February 9, 2018 2:35 pm

Love the sax/horn sample interplay.  It gives off a nice 70s city vibe sort of like Adrian Younge (Luke Cage soundtrack).  Def not boring at all and a slick head-nodder of a track.  Nice job!

February 10, 2018 3:08 pm

It definitely could do with some reverb on the drums at least, but the atmosphere is nice.

February 11, 2018 6:54 pm
dj someguy wrote:

It is neither boring nor too clean.
You Should be satisfied, cause it all Ties together very well.
Sounds are Great, drums are great and i wish it could have lasted a few minutes longer!

CosmicCairns wrote:

I know the feeling.  I'll finish something and be happy with it and then listen to it later and think it's horrible.  But I agree nothing to be ashamed of here.  A nice pleasant little track that I will second could have been a little longer.

Uuh thank's a lot! I really appreciate!
Man, a few minutes longer... that's a lot. I have to learn a bit more guitar scales to do that wink

February 11, 2018 7:00 pm
antler wrote:

Well-made track, keeps my interest throughout! Rhythmically especially smile

Jason Nijjer wrote:

Great bassline, like the horn stabs, and the bits of sound dropping in and out, I think it’s all great


miraclemiles wrote:

I like this beat! Great horn chops and stabs, good bass sound too. I like the rhythm. Interesting how you recorded straight into the 404, that probably added some character to it, nice. Yeah I can relate to that feeling of listening back and having doubts, I think that happens often to everyone, happened to me this week actually.

Thank you guys! I am happy that you mentioned that rythm... it really killed me while playing bass wink Constant feel of being late smile

February 11, 2018 7:07 pm
Jim Wood wrote:

Alien jazz. Nice!

Hehe thanks!

roboctopus wrote:

Nah, not boring at all! Has a nice dusty sound to it. I dig the beat. Guitar and bass sound good here. Everything ties together nicely. Well done, I'd say!


Cool thanks a lot!

kaedo sevaada wrote:

is the scream a human person voice?


yeah it's from "best screams in horror movies" or something like that on yt...

Devieus wrote:

It definitely could do with some reverb on the drums at least, but the atmosphere is nice.


Thanks i will try , always nice to get some suggestions on improvement...

February 11, 2018 7:13 pm
Tone Matrix wrote:

Love the sax/horn sample interplay.  It gives off a nice 70s city vibe sort of like Adrian Younge (Luke Cage soundtrack).  Def not boring at all and a slick head-nodder of a track.  Nice job!


Wow! To be compared with Adrian Younge is marvelous!!! The Luke Cage sountrack is dope an "twelve reasons to die" is maybe my most liked album ever smile

February 28, 2018 6:35 am

I was also thinking Adrian Younge, particularly some of the Ghostface 12 Seasons stuff that has guitars!  If you haven't heard that, you must.  Great beat!

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up