Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

week2

By theGuen on January 12, 2020 10:11 pm

This week i made the beat while searching for some dx7 patches for my volca.
On Saturday i had quite a hang over and pulled out my guitar to cure it... smile
The guitars are a bit sloppy but overall i am pleased with this week... I will try to improve over the year...
Should i have synced the delays with the tempo?

Hope you enjoy and have a nice week!

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
January 13, 2020 12:35 am

i generally believe in always syncing delay to the clock, but in this case the looseness works nicely.

good hangover cure!

January 13, 2020 2:27 am

Good way to fight off a hangover.  I always feel supremely unmotivated.  Cool beat and some really nice sounds.

January 13, 2020 2:31 am

Rather good for being hung over. It's like a cleaner Portishead. The punctuating sub bass is tasty.

January 13, 2020 2:47 am

this is wicked!

January 13, 2020 6:34 pm

great triphoppy track. congratulations. for me it was absolutely right, not to sync the delay.

January 14, 2020 4:20 am

Very well done. Sloppy guitars for the win. smile Seriously, guitars sounds fine. Nice track.

January 15, 2020 2:30 pm
cailen wrote:

i generally believe in always syncing delay to the clock, but in this case the looseness works nicely.

good hangover cure!

CosmicCairns wrote:

Good way to fight off a hangover.  I always feel supremely unmotivated.  Cool beat and some really nice sounds.

license wrote:

Rather good for being hung over. It's like a cleaner Portishead. The punctuating sub bass is tasty.

cfurrow wrote:

this is wicked!

Q-Rosh wrote:

great triphoppy track. congratulations. for me it was absolutely right, not to sync the delay.

djippy wrote:

Very well done. Sloppy guitars for the win. smile Seriously, guitars sounds fine. Nice track.

Don't know why, but always when i do a track with guitars i tend to get something like stage fright smile
So big thanks for taking that away!!!

January 15, 2020 9:56 pm

Love this! Got a cool Stereo Lab vibe.  I like the loop-like sounds but the guitars are my fav. Always the best hangover solution!

January 16, 2020 3:35 pm

I agree with the Portishead vibes.  The gritty guitar reminded me of Adrian Utley's riffs.  Nice work!

January 17, 2020 7:29 am

This really somehow feels like a song you made, it's got the Guen all over it.

The guitar is great, the sloppiness of it is that grit that caries it.

January 17, 2020 5:17 pm

Nice, this feels a bit old western gritty. I love the swingy hihats, they work really well with the vibe of the tune!

January 19, 2020 3:28 am

Well done, guitar sounds dope with this beat, hope to hear more of it, I'm really enjoying this blend of hip hop beats with some live instruments.

January 19, 2020 6:13 pm

enjoying the surfy vibes

January 19, 2020 8:46 pm

Laid back, nice groove. Guitars cure hangover? I gotta play more! wink Guitar sounds great, cheers!

January 20, 2020 5:07 pm
NWSPR wrote:

Love this! Got a cool Stereo Lab vibe.  I like the loop-like sounds but the guitars are my fav. Always the best hangover solution!


smile Thank you!

Tone Matrix wrote:

I agree with the Portishead vibes.  The gritty guitar reminded me of Adrian Utley's riffs.  Nice work!


Wow thanks!

Devieus wrote:

This really somehow feels like a song you made, it's got the Guen all over it.
The guitar is great, the sloppiness of it is that grit that caries it.


really... theGuen all over it? Thanks, sometimes i ask myself what my style is... especially when i've been asked wink

hieme wrote:

Nice, this feels a bit old western gritty. I love the swingy hihats, they work really well with the vibe of the tune!


Thanks!

Jason Nijjer wrote:

Well done, guitar sounds dope with this beat, hope to hear more of it, I'm really enjoying this blend of hip hop beats with some live instruments.
Thank you! That's what i want do over the year mixing beats with live instruments....

kaedo sevaada wrote:


enjoying the surfy vibes
smile Thanks!

miraclemiles wrote:

Laid back, nice groove. Guitars cure hangover? I gotta play more! wink Guitar sounds great, cheers!
Thank you... this time playing guitar cured the hangover... but i guess it depends how bad the headaches are wink


January 20, 2020 7:03 pm
theGuen wrote:


Devieus wrote:

This really somehow feels like a song you made, it's got the Guen all over it.
The guitar is great, the sloppiness of it is that grit that caries it.


really... theGuen all over it? Thanks, sometimes i ask myself what my style is... especially when i've been asked wink


This song reminds me of Peng, and looking through your other stuff there's definitely a pattern: slow, simple drums, strong melodic presence. It's in a lot of your 2018 songs at least. It was even in week 1 of this year.

I like it though, it tells me I'm not dealing with any ordinary Guen, I'm dealing with The Guen.

January 22, 2020 11:17 am
Devieus wrote:
theGuen wrote:


Devieus wrote:

This really somehow feels like a song you made, it's got the Guen all over it.
The guitar is great, the sloppiness of it is that grit that caries it.


really... theGuen all over it? Thanks, sometimes i ask myself what my style is... especially when i've been asked wink


This song reminds me of Peng, and looking through your other stuff there's definitely a pattern: slow, simple drums, strong melodic presence. It's in a lot of your 2018 songs at least. It was even in week 1 of this year.

I like it though, it tells me I'm not dealing with any ordinary Guen, I'm dealing with The Guen.


smile) Thanks man... especially for digging up my older tracks. Peng i had totally forgotten smile

January 22, 2020 5:17 pm

I love Peng, voice clips used like that in WeeklyBeats songs are always very interesting.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up