Weeklybeats 2018 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

Mrs Bradley

By theGuen on July 8, 2018 9:34 pm

Once again a special week big_smile
I am really happy that Tone Matrix allowed me to chop up his wonderfull track
Downtown '97... Thanks Tone Matrix!!!


Hope you enjoy...
Have a wonderfull week!

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
July 9, 2018 12:34 am

Quite different feel from Tone Matrix' but equally engaging. Well done!

July 9, 2018 1:35 pm

Sweet groove! Nice work

July 9, 2018 2:53 pm

Damn, this turned out great

July 9, 2018 7:18 pm

Yeah, this really does get a nice groove and the vocal samples work great.

July 9, 2018 9:39 pm

Got a wee bit of a Stereolab vibe which is a good thing! Lovely start to finish.

July 9, 2018 9:59 pm

(jumps over to Downtown '97 to listen) oh man, i can see why you wanted to sample that! that's some great piano, and i like what you did with it. the vocal cuts are really cool too, reminds me of some that were in Eyedea & Abilities' "E&A" album. great sounding kicks & snares as always too!

July 10, 2018 9:00 am
Jim Wood wrote:

Quite different feel from Tone Matrix' but equally engaging. Well done!

cfurrow wrote:

Sweet groove! Nice work

demonzor wrote:

Damn, this turned out great

Thank's a lot!!! big_smile

July 10, 2018 9:16 am
CosmicCairns wrote:

Yeah, this really does get a nice groove and the vocal samples work great.


Cool, thanks man! After uploading i started windering if the voice snippets are to harsh for the more mellow feel of the track... So i am happy you underlined them...

NWSPR wrote:

Got a wee bit of a Stereolab vibe which is a good thing! Lovely start to finish.


Thanks a lot! didn't know stereolab before.... Listened to some tracks on my way to work. It's indeed a good thing if my track have a bit of this vibe... and a real compliment wink

ahhsumx wrote:

(jumps over to Downtown '97 to listen) oh man, i can see why you wanted to sample that! that's some great piano, and i like what you did with it. the vocal cuts are really cool too, reminds me of some that were in Eyedea & Abilities' "E&A" album. great sounding kicks & snares as always too!


Isn't it a lovely piano track. I guess i could chop at least one more track out of it without repeating myself smile
Just listening to the "E&A" album... another band i didn't know. They have amazing cool voice samples smile
Thanks a lot !!!

July 10, 2018 7:03 pm

More hotness and beautiful reworking of the original.  Can't say enough good things, the samples are perfect.  Where are they from?

ahhsumx wrote:

reminds me of some that were in Eyedea & Abilities' "E&A" album. great sounding kicks & snares as always too!

YES!  Brilliant.

July 11, 2018 1:41 pm

YAY!  What a cool pleasant surprise!  I didn't expect to see my name in the description and then BOOM BAP you gave it that Adrian Younge-feel I always hear in your tracks (sorry I keep referencing that dude).  Hearing the right hand melody def brought a smile to my face smile  You've earned a life-long chopscription to any track! tongue Ok now I gotta listen to it again.  Oh and if this is on SC or YT lemme know I'd like to share linkage smile  *runs outside* "i got sampled!"

July 13, 2018 9:54 pm
theGuen wrote:


Isn't it a lovely piano track. I guess i could chop at least one more track out of it without repeating myself smile
Just listening to the "E&A" album... another band i didn't know. They have amazing cool voice samples smile
Thanks a lot !!!

i definitely think you could get another beat out of it. i always find it a fun challenge to re-use a sample for fresh chops.  also glad i could introduce you to some E&A! though that is really the only album of theirs i listen to regularly.

July 15, 2018 9:31 pm

Killer re-work of the original track (which was also great), love the start of the track with the vocal samples, really sets the mood, well done!

July 15, 2018 9:34 pm
orangedrink wrote:

More hotness and beautiful reworking of the original.  Can't say enough good things, the samples are perfect.  Where are they from?

ahhsumx wrote:

reminds me of some that were in Eyedea & Abilities' "E&A" album. great sounding kicks & snares as always too!

YES!  Brilliant.


Thanks a lot for this nice enthusiastic comment big_smile
The vocal snippets are from a very old movie... there is a YT channel - timeless classic movies - where i sampled from the last month...

July 15, 2018 9:47 pm
Tone Matrix wrote:

YAY!  What a cool pleasant surprise!  I didn't expect to see my name in the description and then BOOM BAP you gave it that Adrian Younge-feel I always hear in your tracks (sorry I keep referencing that dude).  Hearing the right hand melody def brought a smile to my face smile  You've earned a life-long chopscription to any track! tongue Ok now I gotta listen to it again.  Oh and if this is on SC or YT lemme know I'd like to share linkage smile  *runs outside* "i got sampled!"


Aaah big_smile Thanks a lot!
You know that i like Adrian Younge... this time i tried to get that vibe,cause i know you like him too wink
And surely i mentioned you in the description. Making beats like this for me is about loving music and working with tracks i really like.
Yeah cool i like to put it on SC... Hmmm never thought about that for my wb tracks... I will give you a message when it's up there.

July 15, 2018 9:49 pm
Jason Nijjer wrote:

Killer re-work of the original track (which was also great), love the start of the track with the vocal samples, really sets the mood, well done!


Cool big_smile Thank you!

July 16, 2018 11:39 pm

Nice mood! Enjoyeable listen. Gonna go listen to Tone Matrix original now. So cool you remixed another WBer again, nice work!

July 19, 2018 9:02 pm

this is sick!  awesome take

July 29, 2018 8:27 pm
miraclemiles wrote:

Nice mood! Enjoyeable listen. Gonna go listen to Tone Matrix original now. So cool you remixed another WBer again, nice work!

mikememo wrote:

this is sick!  awesome take

I know... Kind of late, but nevertheless...
Thanks alot big_smile

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up