Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting January 1st 2018 GMT each participant will upload one finished composition per week. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Spaceman Fantastiques's music / aw shit, i'm doing weekly beats again

aw shit, i'm doing weekly beats again

By Spaceman Fantastiques on January 5, 2018 5:47 pm

it's been a mighty long time since i abandoned this challenge back in 2012, so fuck it. let's do this shit.
had fun with this song.. not a lot to it, but i had fun. and that's the important part.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
January 8, 2018 1:04 am

I knew this track would be awesome.
And I was right.

January 8, 2018 1:36 am

This is some dreamy chiptune. Really great job, I like it a lot.

January 8, 2018 2:10 am

Forces me to do something despite it's 4AM. big_smile

January 8, 2018 2:40 am

Rich as hell. Loved it. Enjoyed the melodies the most.

January 8, 2018 9:34 am

You have maybe the coolest Avatar this year, mate. No doubt.

Track sounds both chippy and different, with those "berlin school" stacatto arpeggios building up... until the rock came. Great!

Any chance you tell us something about the setup or instruments used? I really like that the style is digital though the sounds are a little bit drenched in ambient and space.

Looking forward to the next 51 !

January 8, 2018 10:41 am

Wow, so many amazing ideas, bits and pieces in just one track. This is a journey!

January 8, 2018 2:44 pm

Aww shit, everyone's favorite spaceman.

January 8, 2018 10:04 pm

aaaa awesome to see you do weeklybeats, been a long time fan heart

January 8, 2018 10:33 pm
laguna wrote:

You have maybe the coolest Avatar this year, mate. No doubt.

Track sounds both chippy and different, with those "berlin school" stacatto arpeggios building up... until the rock came. Great!

Any chance you tell us something about the setup or instruments used? I really like that the style is digital though the sounds are a little bit drenched in ambient and space.

Looking forward to the next 51 !


for this and most of my stuff i have a midi piano and a regular old guitar. i use Logic to track drums, for this i used mainly 8-bit magic plug in and a little bit of plogue's chipsounds for all the instruments.

January 8, 2018 10:37 pm
DBOYD wrote:

I knew this track would be awesome.
And I was right.

JerwuQu wrote:

This is some dreamy chiptune. Really great job, I like it a lot.

Coauctor wrote:

Forces me to do something despite it's 4AM. big_smile

spOOked wrote:

Rich as hell. Loved it. Enjoyed the melodies the most.

Bleeoop wrote:

Wow, so many amazing ideas, bits and pieces in just one track. This is a journey!

Devieus wrote:

Aww shit, everyone's favorite spaceman.

Deltacapsule wrote:

aaaa awesome to see you do weeklybeats, been a long time fan <3

thank you all smile you humble me for sure

January 10, 2018 7:23 pm

"not a lot to it" ? I think there is a lot. lol, certainly. I'm glad you came back to wb at the same time i did! lol

January 13, 2018 7:48 am

Not normally into chiptunes, but I like this one!

January 14, 2018 2:42 am

very cool vibe

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up