Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Sodabelly's music / All I Ever Wanted

All I Ever Wanted

By Sodabelly on January 12, 2020 9:34 pm

In an effort to rearrange the arrangement an hour before submitting, I feel I made a bit of a mess with this track. I also feel that the sound quality or something is a little off. It's a good start for something better though at least smile Enjoy!

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
January 13, 2020 5:00 am

January 13, 2020 11:05 am

This is nice to have.

January 13, 2020 11:37 am

radical~

January 13, 2020 12:26 pm

Super dope boom bap beat. Those syncopated hihats are killer. Maybe you could get some more volume in the mastering process, but the whole structure in really gorgeous. Feels like a really polished track.

I can feel you about that "I touched it last minute" thing... I myself missed a bassline in my track for lack of time!

Your track is fantastic as usual

January 13, 2020 5:17 pm

I really like the bass line. Are the "vocals" a sampler? really well done. I agree that the is less "space/air" as in your first track, but the song is very well structured. Keep it up!

January 14, 2020 5:08 am
Ipaghost wrote:

Devieus wrote:

This is nice to have.

godinpants wrote:

radical~

Thanks for listening! smile

laguna wrote:

Super dope boom bap beat. Those syncopated hihats are killer. Maybe you could get some more volume in the mastering process, but the whole structure in really gorgeous. Feels like a really polished track.

I can feel you about that "I touched it last minute" thing... I myself missed a bassline in my track for lack of time!

Your track is fantastic as usual

Thanks! Very kind words! You've inspired me to try to squeeze in a couple more hours of mixing time to finish this track up.

djippy wrote:

I really like the bass line. Are the "vocals" a sampler? really well done. I agree that the is less "space/air" as in your first track, but the song is very well structured. Keep it up!

Thank you! I sampled the vocals from an episode of AMC's Halt and Catch Fire (an excellent show), chopped them up and just jammed along using Kontakt. Didn't get to do the same amount of eq/panning/automation as last week but I'll try to get that space/air in the finished track.

January 14, 2020 12:17 pm
Sodabelly wrote:


I sampled the vocals from an episode of AMC's Halt and Catch Fire (an excellent show)

One of my favourite shows ever. Produced and (sometimes) directed by Juan Jose Campanella, a wonderful argentinian director. I'm really happy someone enjoyed that show, because a lot of people never heard of it.

Is it by chance taken from the scene where Donna sings to her baby child?

January 14, 2020 2:02 pm
laguna wrote:

One of my favourite shows ever. Produced and (sometimes) directed by Juan Jose Campanella, a wonderful argentinian director. I'm really happy someone enjoyed that show, because a lot of people never heard of it.

Is it by chance taken from the scene where Donna sings to her baby child?

Yes! I've never successfully convinced anyone to watch this show so I'm very happy to hear this. I've always heard The Secret in Their Eyes is a really good movie (not the remake!), I'll try to find it.

And yes, Donna sings it over the phone. I think it's the episode where Gordon takes them to his brother's house.

January 15, 2020 12:28 pm

Really like this track too, especially the drums. Looking forward to seeing what comes next. smile

January 16, 2020 9:20 am

Yo, this is sickkkk. So chill and... yummy? It reminds me of green tea icecream.

January 16, 2020 3:25 pm
hent03 wrote:

Really like this track too, especially the drums. Looking forward to seeing what comes next. smile

Awesome, thanks!

theemeraldruby wrote:

Yo, this is sickkkk. So chill and... yummy? It reminds me of green tea icecream.

Green tea ice cream is my favourite! Thank you!

January 18, 2020 1:01 pm

This is so lovely. Very impressive

January 19, 2020 2:33 am

Digging the bass and the little touches of what sound like vinyl crackle.  Also Halt and Catch Fire was a great show.

January 19, 2020 5:53 pm

January 19, 2020 9:01 pm
Balloonbear wrote:

This is so lovely. Very impressive

Thanks!

CosmicCairns wrote:

Digging the bass and the little touches of what sound like vinyl crackle.  Also Halt and Catch Fire was a great show.

Thanks, another fan!

kaedo sevaada wrote:

Very fitting smile

Today 6:40 pm

really nice melody

Today 7:41 pm
zirafa wrote:

really nice melody

Thanks! smile

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up