Weeklybeats 2020 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 7,500 music compositions by over 300 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Simon Koehn's music / Classical mechanics

Classical mechanics

By Simon Koehn on December 20, 2020 1:06 pm

Really squeezing these last ones out under some time pressure. Just messing with a delay as the lead "synth" by setting it to super short delay times with 100% feedback and changing the note by adjusting the delay time. Silly and fun.

This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved

  • Play
  • Download
December 21, 2020 3:25 pm

That lead really rips through with the delay modifications. Very cool and fun!  Nice exploration of live effects manipulation.

December 22, 2020 6:47 am

Wow I like this cool sound on the beginning! The middle parts has a strange ambient I enjoy also. Fun sounds!

December 24, 2020 5:04 pm

It feels like a weird orchestral from some heavenly dimension.

December 27, 2020 9:13 pm
NWSPR wrote:

That lead really rips through with the delay modifications. Very cool and fun!  Nice exploration of live effects manipulation.

Thanks! Its such a fun way of making things that would never come about by just writing out some midi notes.

Alette wrote:

Wow I like this cool sound on the beginning! The middle parts has a strange ambient I enjoy also. Fun sounds!

Thank you! Got a lot of joy from granular delays throughout this year, which is definitely the cornerstone of that opening sound!

Devieus wrote:

It feels like a weird orchestral from some heavenly dimension.

Thanks! If heaven is full of delays and feedback then count me in.

December 27, 2020 10:55 pm

Can't believe I haven't seen your stuff until the end of the year. Really love the distant mix on the synths. Makes it feel real epic

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up