Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / scottux's music / Less infuriating ambient

Less infuriating ambient

By scottux on January 12, 2020 10:29 pm

Made this over after about three and a half hours of jams and synth exploration with a friend. His parts were recorded separately, so this is all me. The bell bit that serves as some kind of melody is the Hydrasynth. The rest is tiny modular. Big focus on Mimeophon, Plaits into Humpback as bass, and Morphagene as low pad by way of rhodes sample.

This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved

  • Play
  • Download
January 13, 2020 12:34 am

This is very beautiful and sad sounding. This is just the kind of ambient music I try to find. Adding this to my favorites.

January 13, 2020 2:24 am

Yay, I'm glad it wasn't so infuriating this week. The glimmery bell/stained glass/pedal steel texture on top of the foreboding foghorn bass is a nice juxtaposition.

How are you liking the Hydrasynth? Those seem really cool - the interface makes me wistful for my long-departed SQ80.

January 13, 2020 1:15 pm

niceeee

January 13, 2020 4:33 pm

Glad you made peace with your setup haha. This is so lovely, jamming like this for 3 hours sounds like such a lovely relaxing experience. I might have to try it at some point.

January 13, 2020 6:58 pm

Moody AF; love this.

January 14, 2020 10:47 pm

This ambient jams definetely need a video, so we could see all that modular magic happening. Downloaded

Quality stuff, as usual

January 15, 2020 12:05 am

Lush, floating goodness. Nice!

January 16, 2020 12:16 am
ViridianLoom wrote:

This is very beautiful and sad sounding. This is just the kind of ambient music I try to find. Adding this to my favorites.

That's so nice to hear! This also feels like I'm getting back to the kind of ambient I like to make, so hopefully you'll hear more of this in the coming beats.

license wrote:

Yay, I'm glad it wasn't so infuriating this week. The glimmery bell/stained glass/pedal steel texture on top of the foreboding foghorn bass is a nice juxtaposition.

How are you liking the Hydrasynth? Those seem really cool - the interface makes me wistful for my long-departed SQ80.

Oh I adore it. It sounds great but then again most synths can sound great, but the act of creating a patch or interacting with the patch is really intuitive and fun!

joshvishnu wrote:

niceeee

thaaaaaanks big_smile

hieme wrote:

Glad you made peace with your setup haha. This is so lovely, jamming like this for 3 hours sounds like such a lovely relaxing experience. I might have to try it at some point.

I do imagine there's plenty of learnings yet to come, but god there's nothing like the pressure of performing with a friend to help you make decisions and figure things out at anything faster than a glacial pace, huh!

slutdragon wrote:

Moody AF; love this.

TY though I think it might be too moody for the intended setting: a yoga class. Too moody?

laguna wrote:

This ambient jams definetely need a video, so we could see all that modular magic happening. Downloaded

Quality stuff, as usual

I swear I'm gonna make that video yikes

miraclemiles wrote:

Lush, floating goodness. Nice!

Thank you! Lush is what I'm goin for!

January 16, 2020 2:58 am

This makes me think of the beautiful vistas of a modded Minecraft, love it!

January 16, 2020 4:39 am

Bruh. No such thing as too moody.
TBF everyone is different but I think if you're yoga class-ing right, you're not over thinking your mood music wink

January 16, 2020 4:41 am

ps, that mimeophon is SOoosoooooo sassy.

January 16, 2020 3:51 pm

Digging the overall ambience of the track and that low bass when it bends to the next note.  It's menacing but in a calm way.  Nice work!

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up