Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

Hanginaround

By Saucey-dough on May 31, 2020 12:40 pm

With Illinois now entering phase 3 (recovery) of the pandemic, people are seen reemerging, eating at outdoor patios, re-introducing family/friends who they haven't seen in months, and doing away with their masks. I've been wanting to do this cover the entire quarantine, but couldn't find the motivation. Like most of us, I was just hanginaround.:)

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
June 1, 2020 1:16 am

hell yeah!  great job on vocals, and those drums are killer.  good mood song right here

June 1, 2020 3:21 am

Nice man, solid jam.  Love what you did with the drums on the chorus, gives it a really cool feel. The mix sounds great too man, the vocals really pop. 

June 1, 2020 8:03 am

Damn that's uplifting. Great work on those instruments.

June 1, 2020 5:50 pm

Damnnnn dude. The pop punk vibe is in full throttle. Also the drums feels real good.

June 2, 2020 4:15 pm

Hell yes, I was hoping this was what you were covering!!!  Loooove the drums.  Great vocals too man.  You nailed this one.  I remember being in my room listening to this song as a kid.  This was one of the CDs I owned at the time so I'm sure I overplayed the shit out of it.  Anyways, this song is special to me.  Really like your take on it

June 2, 2020 5:57 pm
demonzor wrote:

hell yeah!  great job on vocals, and those drums are killer.  good mood song right here

Feel good song of the quarantine for sure.


Chrisfoo wrote:

Nice man, solid jam.  Love what you did with the drums on the chorus, gives it a really cool feel. The mix sounds great too man, the vocals really pop.

Thanks bud!

Devieus wrote:

Damn that's uplifting. Great work on those instruments.

Thanks for listening Devieus!


danju wrote:

Damnnnn dude. The pop punk vibe is in full throttle. Also the drums feels real good.

Haha. That wasnt my intention to keep it going from last week but its chugging along for sure. Glad you're diggin the drums!

coreytrev0r wrote:

Hell yes, I was hoping this was what you were covering!!!  Loooove the drums.  Great vocals too man.  You nailed this one.  I remember being in my room listening to this song as a kid.  This was one of the CDs I owned at the time so I'm sure I overplayed the shit out of it.  Anyways, this song is special to me.  Really like your take on it

Awesome! I can see this album being right next to Dookie, Nevermind, Offspring- Smash, etc. It wasn't one of my go to's growing up, but I found myself enjoying the album while practicing the vocals for this cover. I'm glad I didn't let one of your childhood favs down.

June 3, 2020 8:32 pm

WOW - really cool reworking - pretty cool how you heard this song out of that song - I would have never thought of that.  Love it.

June 5, 2020 1:52 pm

I feel that lol. Love the production and vocals, especially the panning. The whole thing has a great energy. Met up with some friends for the first time recently too, it's so nice to finally get out a little bit.

June 7, 2020 9:24 pm

Kick out the jams!  Bad ass drumming and guitars! This is my anthem for the week!!!

June 8, 2020 2:42 pm
orangedrink wrote:

WOW - really cool reworking - pretty cool how you heard this song out of that song - I would have never thought of that.  Love it.

Thanks for listening! Just kind of a classic take of pop goes punk stuff haha.

hieme wrote:

I feel that lol. Love the production and vocals, especially the panning. The whole thing has a great energy. Met up with some friends for the first time recently too, it's so nice to finally get out a little bit.

Thanks! I was definitely trying to bring another level of energy to a pretty chill/relaxing tune. I was able to eat out this weekend. It felt odd, but certainly nice to get out. Its interesting that a lot of people (here in IL at least), already seem like they aren't concerned with it. I work in a hospital, so unfortunately, covid is my life.

NWSPR wrote:

Kick out the jams!  Bad ass drumming and guitars! This is my anthem for the week!!!

Pump, pump, pump it up! Jam it from the mountain tops! Haha.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up