WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Ryan's music / Throwing Buckets At White Water Pow Pow

Throwing Buckets At White Water Pow Pow

By Ryan on May 11, 2018 2:54 pm

My name is Ryan and I like Surf Music.

The votes are in and this surfer is trading a board for a horse.

It was my intention to record this track with my baritone guitar, it seemed appropriate for cowboy surf, but the cold weather here messed with the setup and it was a little too buzzy.

Luckily the cheapo Jaguar stayed solid.

Go Jaguar!!

Next week I might indulge my Thrash surf fantasy, we'll see.

May 14, 2018 12:27 am

The guitar tone is legit. Side note, my 1 year old was grooving his ass off to this.

May 14, 2018 12:45 am

Yep.  This completely sounds like cowboy surf.  It seems like there should have been a whole genre of cowboy surf movies back in the 60's or something.  And obviously this would be the theme song.

May 14, 2018 9:03 am

The jaguar is the classic surfboard. It does a great job. The organ is the holy cow and song is a killer.

May 14, 2018 9:38 am

Oh yeah, totally feeling this heart Great sound!

Awesome pic as well, haha

May 14, 2018 11:28 am

Jamming to this one, the rhythm is infectious haha. Loving the non-conservative picture too, they just keep getting better wink

May 14, 2018 4:08 pm

Nice Ride!
Is that a choir? Maybe my most favorite part in this awesome track...

May 14, 2018 10:23 pm

Yeah, surfing the big cow in Wild West.

May 16, 2018 5:18 am

Missed a sea horse joke opportunity here.

Great job, such a seamless fusion.

May 16, 2018 1:28 pm

"What exactly is cowboy surf?"  *plays first few notes* "OH GIDDYUP!"  Love the organ in this!  Looking forward to your thrash too!

May 18, 2018 6:11 pm

Loving the guitar sound and melodies--you've brought a southwestern vibe to surfing! (Or perhaps surfing to the Southwest.)

May 19, 2018 9:12 pm

I love it, the organ is perfect and the added bells and shakers/tambourine really add to the motif as well big_smile

May 20, 2018 9:15 am

Throwing buckets..... throwing knives.  Knives win.

Great track.  I've been listening to a heap of Morricone the last week or two.  Not quite in the same realm but definitely shares some elements.  Nice one!
PS.  I was hoping for one more motif ascension at the end there.  hehe.