WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Ryan's music / Robert Frog's Broken World.

Robert Frog's Broken World.

By Ryan on March 19, 2020 12:51 pm

This is my first track with the Teenage Engineering OP-1. I am still getting to know this machine but it is soooo much fun and so inspiring to play with.

For some reason the mic changed quite a lot when I recorded this through Ableton and I couldn't be bothered correcting it. I think there is some weirdness with the bass but you get the idea.

The track is also quite short which I think is cute.

March 23, 2020 12:15 am

I want to do positive rap over this. Awesome

March 23, 2020 12:48 am

A classic duo, lofi drums and a nice rolling epiano. Very chill, much appreciated in these trying times.

March 23, 2020 12:58 am

This is really great. Love how all the melody layers work together; there's a real sense of playfulness to it all.

Looking forward to seeing what happens after you get a little deeper into it, too!

March 23, 2020 1:02 am

Interesting melodies!  Beautiful electric piano too.  This track definitely hits the cute mark.

March 23, 2020 11:42 am

Drums are marvelous!
Love the melodies and the voices!

March 23, 2020 12:02 pm

Great work man.  Very groovy sounding track.  We both did 'broken' tracks this week!!  (not surprising considering I guess)

March 23, 2020 8:35 pm

Drums are cool and the vibe of this feels happy.  Also digging the animal theme I've noticed emerging in your songs.

March 24, 2020 2:10 am
Nyarlos wrote:

I want to do positive rap over this. Awesome

I thrown down this challenge!

hieme wrote:

I love lofi drums, for sure.

hent03 wrote:

I was super inspired by your work this year on this one.

Reilly Farrell wrote:

Thank you! I was feeling cute for sure.

theGuen wrote:

Drums are marvelous!
Love the melodies and the voices!

Thanks, those melodies took ages.

rdomain wrote:

Thanks man, I wanted it to go longer but oh well

CosmicCairns wrote:

I'm basing all my tracks on stuffed animals that my daughter owns.

March 26, 2020 2:30 am

welcome to the OP-1 CULT!

Love that machine.  That frog is awesome.

March 27, 2020 9:53 pm

But what a chill world it is.

March 27, 2020 11:17 pm

I don`t know anything aboubt this machine, but your first track with it sounds awesome. Are this samples that you are playing wih, or is it recrded?

March 28, 2020 8:31 pm

Playful comp. Lots of elements from different styles.  Big sounds from a tiny machine smile

March 29, 2020 8:03 pm

March 30, 2020 4:01 am
orangedrink wrote:

welcome to the OP-1 CULT!

Love that machine.  That frog is awesome.

It is so awesome, worth every (many) penny.

Devieus wrote:

But what a chill world it is.

Thanks!

Q-Rosh wrote:

The drums are chopped samples as are the vocals but everything else comes from the on board synth engines.

NWSPR wrote:

kaedo sevaada wrote:

Thanks so much for listening.

March 31, 2020 12:45 am
Ryan wrote:

I'm basing all my tracks on stuffed animals that my daughter owns.

Ah that's a super fun idea! Love the whimsy of this compo, it's cheerful and puts me in a great mood!

April 3, 2020 4:08 pm

Ooooh OP-1 luuuuucky! tongue  Love the lofi sound to those drums and the chill laid back chords.  Also really enjoying your cover themes as of late smile

April 15, 2020 5:44 am

Ah, what a languid rhythm. Enjoy those playful little bits.