Weeklybeats 2018 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / rdomain's music / The Blackened Core

The Blackened Core

By rdomain on February 3, 2018 7:42 am

Created using the Buchla Music Easel, Tempest drum machine by DSI, a loop created on the Cocoquantus by Ciat Lonbarde being played back on the modular synth and vocals.


This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved

  • Play
  • Download
February 5, 2018 12:28 am

Ominous in the best sense. Appropriate visuals as well.

February 5, 2018 2:36 am

Those vocals make this thing scary! I dig the way those opening notes move between one another. It's a cool base from which to then freak people out.

February 5, 2018 4:27 am

the ominous tone of this along with all of that vocal craziness totally brings Goblin's Suspiria score to mind for me. great visuals as well, those black and white water abstractions work super well.

February 5, 2018 2:41 pm

FEWK!!!!!!!

February 7, 2018 9:18 am
Jim Wood wrote:

Ominous in the best sense. Appropriate visuals as well.

Bellebushka wrote:

Those vocals make this thing scary! I dig the way those opening notes move between one another. It's a cool base from which to then freak people out.

Parallelis wrote:

the ominous tone of this along with all of that vocal craziness totally brings Goblin's Suspiria score to mind for me. great visuals as well, those black and white water abstractions work super well.

Shakaboyd wrote:

FEWK!!!!!!!

Thanks everyone.  Definitely not for everyone this track  . It had a very dirge feel to it before the vocals so I thought I'd push it even further. 

February 7, 2018 12:39 pm

Nice one for the school kids I reckon. Great balance of tones as usual. It must be tough blending all that creepy dank darkness, you somehow manage to keep it clear and powerful an impressive feat.

February 8, 2018 1:22 am
Ryan wrote:

Nice one for the school kids I reckon. Great balance of tones as usual. It must be tough blending all that creepy dank darkness, you somehow manage to keep it clear and powerful an impressive feat.

Thanking you sir.

From the Master of Dank Darkness

February 8, 2018 1:50 am
rdomain wrote:
Ryan wrote:

Nice one for the school kids I reckon. Great balance of tones as usual. It must be tough blending all that creepy dank darkness, you somehow manage to keep it clear and powerful an impressive feat.

Thanking you sir.

From the Master of Dank Darkness

The Prince of Dankness

February 8, 2018 8:27 am
Ryan wrote:
rdomain wrote:
Ryan wrote:

Nice one for the school kids I reckon. Great balance of tones as usual. It must be tough blending all that creepy dank darkness, you somehow manage to keep it clear and powerful an impressive feat.

Thanking you sir.

From the Master of Dank Darkness

The Prince of Dankness

February 11, 2018 11:42 pm

Wonderful darkness. Feels like a perfect soundtrack for an experimental horror movie.

February 17, 2018 12:19 am
Plantrain wrote:

Wonderful darkness. Feels like a perfect soundtrack for an experimental horror movie.

Thanks! smile

February 28, 2018 6:37 am

Everything was fine until the vocals.  That really freaked me the freak out.  Then the arpeggios took it to a John Carpenter level and then the beat came in which just sounded like Jason Vorhees banging on a garage door.  NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE.

Reminiscent of the music by the band KTL.  Thanks for the nightmare!

March 4, 2018 5:30 am
orangedrink wrote:

Everything was fine until the vocals.  That really freaked me the freak out.  Then the arpeggios took it to a John Carpenter level and then the beat came in which just sounded like Jason Vorhees banging on a garage door.  NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE.

Reminiscent of the music by the band KTL.  Thanks for the nightmare!

Haha.... definitely not for the faint of heart but great description!  I haven't heard KTL so I'll check it out.  (I just googled it and it's an O'Malley project I see. Nice)
Enjoy the nightmare  big_smile

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up