Weeklybeats 2018 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

sissi fuzz

By Q-Rosh on June 3, 2018 8:06 pm

this time I made the song more acoustically, as I always wanted to. I recorded the drums with my fieldrecorder in stereo without any effects. the mix was not so easy, because it needed air and space in the song. enjoy it.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
June 4, 2018 1:14 am

Has a bit of a jazzy feel.  I like the way the synth sounds speed up and slow down.  I kind of imagine a river with some sections being really placid and mellow and others having a bit of a current.

June 4, 2018 6:37 am

Another great Fenstergucker-Song. View over the roofs of the city. Light blue sky, only little clouds. Sunshine. A bird passing, chirping a synthesizer-like sounding loop. What a beautiful life

June 4, 2018 6:44 am

this sounds really good. fantastic tone on the drums

June 4, 2018 3:39 pm

Yes, a relaxed kind of jazz essence. Fred und Luna's mention of Fenstergucker is apt.

June 4, 2018 6:24 pm

really cool, drums sounded really good.  mildly chaotic yet relaxing

June 5, 2018 3:11 am

Love the air and space... delicious sounds and tones... sissi fuzz is my new drug, really cool stuff

June 5, 2018 11:08 am

Love the warm opening delays and that old school sounding keyboard tone near the start. Nice guitar tone too.

June 5, 2018 11:16 am

So relaxing, but there's a lot of detail in there too

June 6, 2018 5:56 pm

Wow, really wild combo of jazz, electronic, spaciousness.


mikememo wrote:

mildly chaotic yet relaxing

yeah, exactly!

June 7, 2018 5:38 am

Really digging the space and depth on this - nice work!

June 8, 2018 4:10 pm

Love the synth line bouncing around the somber guitars.  The drums give it a nice live feel and these past two weeks have reminded me a bit of Mogwai with those awesome guitars smile  nice work!

June 10, 2018 1:57 am

ah the mix is so nice!  this is so dreamy

June 10, 2018 1:20 pm
CosmicCairns wrote:

Has a bit of a jazzy feel.  I like the way the synth sounds speed up and slow down.  I kind of imagine a river with some sections being really placid and mellow and others having a bit of a current.

Fred und Luna wrote:

Another great Fenstergucker-Song. View over the roofs of the city. Light blue sky, only little clouds. Sunshine. A bird passing, chirping a synthesizer-like sounding loop. What a beautiful life

Bleeoop wrote:

this sounds really good. fantastic tone on the drums

Jim Wood wrote:

Yes, a relaxed kind of jazz essence. Fred und Luna's mention of Fenstergucker is apt.

mikememo wrote:

really cool, drums sounded really good.  mildly chaotic yet relaxing

Podling wrote:

Love the air and space... delicious sounds and tones... sissi fuzz is my new drug, really cool stuff

rdomain wrote:

Love the warm opening delays and that old school sounding keyboard tone near the start. Nice guitar tone too.

Avarine wrote:

So relaxing, but there's a lot of detail in there too

orangedrink wrote:

Wow, really wild combo of jazz, electronic, spaciousness.


mikememo wrote:

mildly chaotic yet relaxing

yeah, exactly!

Tristan Louth-Robins wrote:

Really digging the space and depth on this - nice work!

Tone Matrix wrote:

Love the synth line bouncing around the somber guitars.  The drums give it a nice live feel and these past two weeks have reminded me a bit of Mogwai with those awesome guitars smile  nice work!

kaedo sevaada wrote:

ah the mix is so nice!  this is so dreamy

thank you all for listening and the kind words. I was surprised that some of you can hear a jazzy vibe.

June 10, 2018 8:31 pm
Tone Matrix wrote:

reminded me a bit of Mogwai

Oh my goodness what is wrong with me that I forgot about Mogwai!  I had the "Come On Die Young" album and sold it for some reason.  I need to get back in the game!

June 10, 2018 11:02 pm

Super relaxing. While there are quite a few unrelaxing things going on. Very nice!

June 11, 2018 3:10 pm

Cool! Sound of basedrum is tasty... and that synth is very good!
Very nice and relaxing!

July 1, 2018 6:57 pm

A beautiful dreamy atmosphere

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up