Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Q-Rosh's music / good morning

good morning

By Q-Rosh on August 16, 2020 8:22 pm

There is not much going on at the moment, except I bought an OP1 as my birthday present, learning about the hidden features, made already a few tracks, but not for this song. My website is on the way, but not online yet, maybe next week. I changed the pills against depression, hope that will help. This track was made in a few hours today, I don`t know if it is good or bad. I am feeling my head will explode, when I listen one more time.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
August 17, 2020 12:33 am

Nice! Congrats, on the OP1, those things look so fun and the portability of them is super cool. I dig the different movements in this one, the guitar layering is really beautiful in moments and super chill in others.

August 17, 2020 12:36 am

The OP-1 was my introduction to playing around with electronic music. I hope you share your experiments; I'd love to hear what you create with it because some of your weekly beats tracks are such great explorations of sounds.

I really enjoyed this track, by the way. It feels a lot like two separate tracks. The way the second phase of this track builds up is really well done. I find it really calming.

August 17, 2020 12:40 am

I know that feeling of losing objectivity when you hear the same thing too many times while working on it.  I can honestly say it sounds really good to me.  Great guitar tones and a wonderful buildup.  I like the very end also.

August 17, 2020 2:12 am

I am not sure how you do it, but you always manage to have this warm sound to your mixes, which brings a strong nostalgic element. This is warm and organic. The guitar layers float on top of that. I like the inverted samples right before the track moves on to a different atmosphere around 1:20. Nice track!

August 17, 2020 4:41 am

I think this sounds great! Also, congrats on the OP-1; I love your talent and can’t wait to hear what you’ll make with the OP-1.

Come join the WeeklyBeats Discord sometime (we hang out in voice chat around release time), it might alleviate some of your depression!

August 17, 2020 11:50 am

Congrats on the OP-1.  A fun bit of kit.  Really enjoyed this piece too.  Lovely textures!

August 17, 2020 8:53 pm

I didn't really connect with the OP-1 when I was borrowing one, but what you've done with it here is lovely. Very nice work.

August 18, 2020 3:04 am

August 20, 2020 4:08 am

A good song for a good morning. The intro works well as a transition from night to day.

August 20, 2020 1:22 pm

Congrats on the OP1 and Happy Birthday!  Your tracks always have such a calming effect when listening to them.  The guitars at around 2min are awesome!  I know switching pills is always a difficult thing.  I hope that gets settled for ya soon.  Looking forward to your OP1 driven tracks!

August 21, 2020 8:20 pm

I love the phases of this. I enjoyed the intro, awesome guitar as usual, but at 2 minutes, wow, what a good feeling. yeah listening to something a lot can be draining. Listening breaks can be crucial if we have time! Happy b-day, I'm sure you'll have lots of fun hanging with the op-1. I had one for a while, enjoyed it, but ultimately sold to try out other gear.

August 23, 2020 8:14 pm
ViridianLoom wrote:

Nice! Congrats, on the OP1, those things look so fun and the portability of them is super cool. I dig the different movements in this one, the guitar layering is really beautiful in moments and super chill in others.

hent03 wrote:

The OP-1 was my introduction to playing around with electronic music. I hope you share your experiments; I'd love to hear what you create with it because some of your weekly beats tracks are such great explorations of sounds.

I really enjoyed this track, by the way. It feels a lot like two separate tracks. The way the second phase of this track builds up is really well done. I find it really calming.

CosmicCairns wrote:

I know that feeling of losing objectivity when you hear the same thing too many times while working on it.  I can honestly say it sounds really good to me.  Great guitar tones and a wonderful buildup.  I like the very end also.

Kedbreak136 wrote:

I am not sure how you do it, but you always manage to have this warm sound to your mixes, which brings a strong nostalgic element. This is warm and organic. The guitar layers float on top of that. I like the inverted samples right before the track moves on to a different atmosphere around 1:20. Nice track!

Mission Crossing wrote:

I think this sounds great! Also, congrats on the OP-1; I love your talent and can’t wait to hear what you’ll make with the OP-1.

Come join the WeeklyBeats Discord sometime (we hang out in voice chat around release time), it might alleviate some of your depression!

rdomain wrote:

Congrats on the OP-1.  A fun bit of kit.  Really enjoyed this piece too.  Lovely textures!

license wrote:

I didn't really connect with the OP-1 when I was borrowing one, but what you've done with it here is lovely. Very nice work.

Ipaghost wrote:

Devieus wrote:

A good song for a good morning. The intro works well as a transition from night to day.

Tone Matrix wrote:

Congrats on the OP1 and Happy Birthday!  Your tracks always have such a calming effect when listening to them.  The guitars at around 2min are awesome!  I know switching pills is always a difficult thing.  I hope that gets settled for ya soon.  Looking forward to your OP1 driven tracks!

miraclemiles wrote:

I love the phases of this. I enjoyed the intro, awesome guitar as usual, but at 2 minutes, wow, what a good feeling. yeah listening to something a lot can be draining. Listening breaks can be crucial if we have time! Happy b-day, I'm sure you'll have lots of fun hanging with the op-1. I had one for a while, enjoyed it, but ultimately sold to try out other gear.


Thank you all for the nice words. Don`t expect too much, or even an OP1 revolution. It is just a toy.

August 24, 2020 12:05 am

OP1 is much more than a toy. It's far too expensive and expressive for that.

August 27, 2020 3:06 am

Love the transition on this one, from the moody/nostalgic intro to the warm uplifting second half, great mix, nothing is competing and everything sits in so well.

September 26, 2020 2:24 am

Shame on me!!!
Wundervolles Geschenk an die Welt

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up