Weeklybeats 2018 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Q-Rosh's music / goblins tins

goblins tins

By Q-Rosh on April 22, 2018 10:45 am

Inspired by some of your weeklybeats tabledrumming, I went to relisten my childhood record collection, looking for a certain record. Fortunately I found the item: " Meister Eder und sein Pumuckl- Pumuckl und die Blechbüchsen".
Meister Eder is a bavarian carpenter, living together with a goblin, called Pumuckl. (the voice: Hans Clarin).
Here we have Pumuckl exploring the drumming on all kind of percussive things he found in the room and freaking out. This makes Master Eder angry. The rhymes are so bad, but children like this stuff.
The main challenge for me was the right timing of his drumming and singing to the beat and guitarmelody.
For the german listeners it could be a funny song, but for the rest of the world I don`t know if anybody can enjoy Master Eder and his goblin.
There is an old film on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OfCfGt0t6g

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
April 23, 2018 12:45 am

As a non-German the Meister Eder reference doesn't mean anything to me, but as a piece of pure sound this is very intriguing.  I can definitely picture a mischievous goblin running around while listening to this and the voices create a bit of a trippy quality.

April 23, 2018 2:06 am

Well, my German is rudimentary, but this is great fun. Absolut so. ::)

April 23, 2018 11:41 am

Ui, wie schön das kling big_smile
Großartig!!!
Gitarren sind auch mal wieder nice, aber ich war so in den Pumuckl vertieft... wink

Thanks for these memories!

April 23, 2018 12:56 pm

This legit put a smile on my face. I'm not German, but this song is great.

April 23, 2018 2:19 pm

oh wie lustig und schön und natürlich super produziert.
thanks! memories awake!

April 23, 2018 4:29 pm

awesome!

April 24, 2018 7:02 pm

the german reference also doesn't mean any thing to me, but i love the beat. i'm a big fan of techniques like this that have some unintelligible voice, a nice steady fat kick, and something else for you to follow along with (your guitar in this case). it really makes my brain try to process the pieces, but all in all, it comes out to just a good beat. really nice work!

April 24, 2018 11:16 pm

I understand some German, so I got that going for me.

Quite well done.

April 25, 2018 1:06 am

You know that scene in Top Secret ‘I know a little German’ smile tongue ... great track, very creative

April 25, 2018 11:31 am

Locked in that backbeat nicely and the german vocal chop up is very entertaining!

April 26, 2018 6:04 am

This is awesome! I'm imagining a spastic goblin failing around.

April 27, 2018 6:38 pm

Awesome beat that had me tapping along.  I dig that harmonica breakdown also smile

April 29, 2018 12:24 pm
CosmicCairns wrote:

As a non-German the Meister Eder reference doesn't mean anything to me, but as a piece of pure sound this is very intriguing.  I can definitely picture a mischievous goblin running around while listening to this and the voices create a bit of a trippy quality.

Jim Wood wrote:

Well, my German is rudimentary, but this is great fun. Absolut so. ::)

theGuen wrote:

Ui, wie schön das kling big_smile
Großartig!!!
Gitarren sind auch mal wieder nice, aber ich war so in den Pumuckl vertieft... wink

Thanks for these memories!

onlyjokinen wrote:

This legit put a smile on my face. I'm not German, but this song is great.

emm wrote:

oh wie lustig und schön und natürlich super produziert.
thanks! memories awake!

mikememo wrote:

awesome!

ahhsumx wrote:

the german reference also doesn't mean any thing to me, but i love the beat. i'm a big fan of techniques like this that have some unintelligible voice, a nice steady fat kick, and something else for you to follow along with (your guitar in this case). it really makes my brain try to process the pieces, but all in all, it comes out to just a good beat. really nice work!

Devieus wrote:

I understand some German, so I got that going for me.

Quite well done.

Podling wrote:

You know that scene in Top Secret ‘I know a little German’ smile tongue ... great track, very creative

rdomain wrote:

Locked in that backbeat nicely and the german vocal chop up is very entertaining!

Chrome Owl wrote:

This is awesome! I'm imagining a spastic goblin failing around.

Tone Matrix wrote:

Awesome beat that had me tapping along.  I dig that harmonica breakdown also smile


in the name of Pumuckl, thankx

April 29, 2018 1:34 pm

Yep, this sounds fantastic. The guitar part really does it for me.

April 30, 2018 3:11 am

I love the percussion! smile

May 1, 2018 8:54 am

Coole Nummer, HipMuckl smile

May 6, 2018 3:27 pm

this is fantastic - the guitar sound is so pretty!

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up