Weeklybeats 2018 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

Non-fiction

By Podling on February 4, 2018 6:51 am

Started off experimenting with guitar tuning E B E F♯ B E. Recording the instrumental I came up with seemed boring so I got out the Samplr iPad app and sampled in a variety of chords I discovered, then added more guitar layers (can watch snippet of process here https://www.instagram.com/p/Bewh5O5Bgx-/). Then thought it would be cool to just record a track of talking over the top. I just let go and spoke and 'Non-fiction' is the outcome. Peace and love.

This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved

  • Play
  • Download
February 5, 2018 12:19 am

Funny how a music background makes all speech sound profound. Informative video.

February 6, 2018 3:06 am

I agree the speaking part sounds totally profound with the music.  I think the bad-ass delay effect on it helps too.

 

February 6, 2018 9:44 am

like it a lot. reminds me of spacemen3 somehow.

February 7, 2018 8:57 pm

this is so beautiful - this life is amazing

February 9, 2018 4:35 am

Oh this is so good.  I'm loving the spoken word.  This is so personal and vulnerable.  Lots of respect to you.  Peace and Love back to you.  Thanks for sharing so much of yourself to me via your work.

February 9, 2018 5:59 pm

Deep, or pretentious; you decide!

The guitar part is unquestionably great though.

February 11, 2018 3:36 am
Jim Wood wrote:

Funny how a music background makes all speech sound profound. Informative video.

Yeah I tried your theory with a Hitler speech and Satanic death metal... it worked!

February 11, 2018 3:37 am
CosmicCairns wrote:

I agree the speaking part sounds totally profound with the music.  I think the bad-ass delay effect on it helps too.

Thanks for listening dude

February 11, 2018 3:38 am
Q-Rosh wrote:

like it a lot. reminds me of spacemen3 somehow.

Not familiar with but sounds good! big_smile

February 11, 2018 3:38 am
kaedo sevaada wrote:

this is so beautiful - this life is amazing

Thanks for listening... yes it is isn't it?!

February 11, 2018 3:39 am
orangedrink wrote:

Oh this is so good.  I'm loving the spoken word.  This is so personal and vulnerable.  Lots of respect to you.  Peace and Love back to you.  Thanks for sharing so much of yourself to me via your work.

Thanks legend... Peace and hug

February 11, 2018 3:50 am
Devieus wrote:

Deep, or pretentious; you decide!

The guitar part is unquestionably great though.

Pretentious... .. Moi!? ... If you think it is pretentious, no biggy. I am not here for acceptance or validation, artistic or otherwise. I spoke from a sincere place, a message to someone in a dark place that I care deeply about. A very honest thing was said, and it came from my heart...

and yeah of course the guitar is great... I did it! smile

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up