Weeklybeats 2018 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Podling's music / Bidding Farewell to the White Knight

Bidding Farewell to the White Knight

By Podling on May 19, 2018 11:38 am

This week my starting point was loading some pre-recorded scales of flutes/vocals into Samplr. Then bounced layers into Pro Tools and added more layers including the beats, synth, samples and spoken word. Mixed and chopped.

Whilst making the track I always felt a kind of dreamy 'down the rabbit hole' vibe coming through. I searched the super information highway and found this 1946 film by Lou Bunin and did a quick edit to match the music.

This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved

May 21, 2018 1:56 am

I came here because of the title and stayed for the song. Thanks.

May 21, 2018 2:17 am
thawkins wrote:

I came here because of the title and stayed for the song. Thanks.

haha! Nice one... you're welcome back any time ya hear! smile

May 21, 2018 2:47 pm

this is fantastic... I think one of my favorites of 2018 so far.  video is a nice touch, too

May 21, 2018 4:59 pm

The music is good by itself but even better with the excellent synchronization.

May 21, 2018 6:59 pm

nice ambient with strange glitches in the matrix. well done.

May 21, 2018 9:54 pm

Great dreamy track and the video makes it even better! Well done on both!

May 22, 2018 12:48 am

Whoa, dreamy

May 22, 2018 11:43 pm

The track is awesome and the video sync works incredibly well.  Great minds think alike as I actually made a soundtrack that syncs up with the entire Disney cartoon version of Alice in Wonderland about ten years ago.  Disney instantaneously blocked it when I tried to post it to youtube, so if I'd been smart I should have used the version you found, especially as a lot of the scenes look remarkably similar.

If you're interested at all I have a zip file of it you can download here: https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AAwtVocZNfk24Xg&id=909BFE5AEAC23A1D%21142&cid=909BFE5AEAC23A1D

It's a fairly large file so no worries if you don't want to download, but I'm not sure of how else to share it due to the legal might of Disney.

May 24, 2018 11:40 am

very interesting mix, I like the mood smile Have you made any tracks with just the Samplr? I think it´s one of the coolest ipad things there is...

May 24, 2018 4:12 pm

Awesome track, like the flute sound and the vocals responding.

May 25, 2018 7:27 pm

great video!

May 26, 2018 11:06 am
mikememo wrote:

Wow thanks mikememo, mucho appreciata... thanks for dropping by, hope to see you again throughout the year... peeeeeace!

Jim Wood wrote:

The music is good by itself but even better with the excellent synchronization.

Cheers legend!

Q-Rosh wrote:

nice ambient with strange glitches in the matrix. well done.

Morpheus says thank you young one!

Plantrain wrote:

Great dreamy track and the video makes it even better! Well done on both!

Thank you very much Mr Plantrain... rock on!

ExtentOfTheJam wrote:

Whoa, dreamy

Cheers dude!

CosmicCairns wrote:

Kindred spirits! Have downloaded and will watch asap! pEace!

May 26, 2018 11:09 am
Ashen Simian wrote:

I know Samplr is de boooomb yo! My approach is usually fill up all the 6 banks, do what I can do in Samplr and then bounce into Pro tools.... actually... yes I have created quite a few tracks just using Samplr now that I use my brain to think back haha... I have loaded up each bank and then recorded switching back and fourth, some pre-recorded, some improv note hits etc.... Thanks buddy!

emm wrote:

Awesome track, like the flute sound and the vocals responding.

Cheers duuuuuuuuuuude!

kaedo sevaada wrote:

great video!

You're a great video! smile Thank you berry mooch!