WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Plantrain's music / The End of Radio

The End of Radio

By Plantrain on May 13, 2018 9:55 pm

Last year Norway shut down all the national and commercial broadcasts over FM, leaving only a few non-commercial local stations behind. This week I pulled out my portable FM radio, recording static, turning the dial, trying to do a track inspired by FM radio. Of course thinking about the idea of recording radio static and just turning it into good music is far easier than actually doing it.
So instead this week's track is mainly Pianoteq and Absynth pads, but with a touch of FM radio static and randomness.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Share Alike (BY-SA)

May 14, 2018 1:11 am

I like the radio static effect.  It gives the impression that you're tuning into some distant station that isn't quite coming through.

May 14, 2018 2:06 am

Sad. Radio was the foundation of my existence ::(

May 14, 2018 10:08 am

tragic background story. but still a nice track.

May 18, 2018 9:41 am

Nice idea to fill the void with music...
Very good Track! These metallic sounds are great...

May 20, 2018 9:18 am

The radio static adds depth to the lovely sustained tones.  Those FM percussive hits were a surprise.  I thought maybe some of my machines had fired up.  Hehe.

May 25, 2018 3:36 pm

The lil percussive hits make it sound like radio is trying to re-ignite smile  Love those pads hovering in the distance with the radio too.