Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting January 1st 2018 GMT each participant will upload one finished composition per week. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

Luna

By Plantrain on August 12, 2018 10:39 pm

Bass from the DSI Mopho, kick from the TR-505, singing bowl processed through Absynth and Pianoteq piano with various amounts of effects.

This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved

  • Play
  • Download
August 13, 2018 12:38 am

Love that singing bowl.  This conjures up images of vast landscapes in my mind.  Like it could soundtrack a scene of a group of heroes walking across a snowy mountain or something.

August 13, 2018 1:05 pm

A very smooth bass sound with the suhweet percussion.  I wouldn't have guessed that was a singing bowl.  The piano is the icing on this excellent cinematic track.

August 13, 2018 4:04 pm

Powerful and evocative mix. Must re-investigate Absynth.

August 13, 2018 10:24 pm

great sounds!!!!

August 13, 2018 11:23 pm

TR-505 kick sounds like a monster! Slowed down or pitch shifted? Big low end mix but the shimmering sounds on top make for an expansive sound. Def very cinematic.

August 14, 2018 1:27 am

Amazing! Once the piano comes in it really takes you places.

August 19, 2018 2:39 am

Always an enjoyable listen.  Is it the piano that's sounding like a sustained guitar part?  Sounds great!

August 19, 2018 10:22 pm

Beautiful track, very cinematic smile

August 26, 2018 10:23 pm
CosmicCairns wrote:

Love that singing bowl.  This conjures up images of vast landscapes in my mind.  Like it could soundtrack a scene of a group of heroes walking across a snowy mountain or something.

Tone Matrix wrote:

A very smooth bass sound with the suhweet percussion.  I wouldn't have guessed that was a singing bowl.  The piano is the icing on this excellent cinematic track.

Thank you, it's quite possible that a more correct description would've been "Absynth using a singing bowl as the source".

Jim Wood wrote:

Powerful and evocative mix. Must re-investigate Absynth.

kaedo sevaada wrote:

great sounds!!!!

NWSPR wrote:

TR-505 kick sounds like a monster! Slowed down or pitch shifted? Big low end mix but the shimmering sounds on top make for an expansive sound. Def very cinematic.


Thanks! My TR-505 goes through two EHX pedals, a Deluxe Memory Boy and a Holy Stain (with the Room Reverb setting), then a bit of EQ to bring more of a tone.

Guabágeuse wrote:

Amazing! Once the piano comes in it really takes you places.

rdomain wrote:

Always an enjoyable listen.  Is it the piano that's sounding like a sustained guitar part?  Sounds great!

Yes, that's the piano. Not owning a guitar, I try to make do with what I have :-)
Actually Pianoteq is quite suited for this type of thing as I can tweak the piano sound so it works better with processing, if I need to.

Mission Crossing wrote:

Beautiful track, very cinematic smile

Thank you all so much!

August 29, 2018 7:48 pm

Wow, this is incredible how you have used all the source material.  The 505 sounds absolutely insane.  And the "guitar" piano is beautiful.  You never fail to surprise me!

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up