Weeklybeats 2018 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

In Red

By Plantrain on December 23, 2018 11:31 pm

TR-505 kick drums, electric guitar, Pianoteq piano, Absynth strings, cymbals and a singing bowl in the background.
Recorded way too much (at one point I even considered adding sleigh bells to make it a bit christmassy) and spent most of the mixing process removing stuff, but there's probably a few ideas left in there that also should have been thrown away.

This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved

  • Play
  • Download
December 24, 2018 1:15 am

December 24, 2018 1:57 am

Glad you omitted the sleigh bells — now, it works as a piece for all seasons.

December 28, 2018 2:53 am

Very mysterious but gels into something almost soothing at the end there.  Nice job.

December 29, 2018 2:18 pm

Wonderfully rich blending of sounds and tone. Even though no sleigh bells, still has a ringing bell tone quality but in a more serious context.

December 29, 2018 9:55 pm

Very rich and mysterious, evocative. Good call on the sleigh bells. Nice work.

December 30, 2018 11:56 pm
kaedo sevaada wrote:

Jim Wood wrote:

Glad you omitted the sleigh bells — now, it works as a piece for all seasons.

CosmicCairns wrote:

Very mysterious but gels into something almost soothing at the end there.  Nice job.

NWSPR wrote:

Wonderfully rich blending of sounds and tone. Even though no sleigh bells, still has a ringing bell tone quality but in a more serious context.

miraclemiles wrote:

Very rich and mysterious, evocative. Good call on the sleigh bells. Nice work.

Thank you all!
(Still pleased I didn't go with the sleigh bells!)

January 4, 2019 4:10 pm

Ha I agree with the sleigh bells being omitted.  They might have taken away from the beautiful sparse feeling of the piano and guitar a bit.  I think the singing bowl fills that role nicely.  As always such a cinematic feeling to this.  Nice work!

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up