Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / PantherMountain's music / Anthony Is Not Happy with this Happy Song

Anthony Is Not Happy with this Happy Song

By PantherMountain on February 2, 2020 6:19 pm

I fought this mix all week and could not get it to sound like what it sounded like in my head.  Retracked everything, added more, took stuff away and still not happy.

Anyway, I ran out of time, so this is as good as it's gonna get

Guitar - Tom Anderson Tele
Amp - Revv D20 w/ SL Drive for dirty tones
Bass - Fender Aerodyne
Effects - Julia, Dispatch, Slo combo (that's my entire effects board, so get used to seeing those)

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
February 3, 2020 1:30 am

A nice vibe, nice tones, all there!!!!

February 3, 2020 2:20 am

I like the guitar a lot.  Reminiscent of Explosions in the Sky but with fewer layers?

February 3, 2020 10:06 pm

I am happy with it. agree with Explosions feel, agree with 'nice tones'. you got a pretty big sound here I'd say.

February 4, 2020 5:21 am
Nyarlos wrote:

A nice vibe, nice tones, all there!!!!

thanks dude.  Don't necessarily hate anything about it, it's just not what I wanted.

ctcutler wrote:

I like the guitar a lot.  Reminiscent of Explosions in the Sky but with fewer layers?

mikememo wrote:

I am happy with it. agree with Explosions feel, agree with 'nice tones'. you got a pretty big sound here I'd say.

I've been listening to the new Caspian record exclusively since it came out, so a ton of inspiration from that.

February 4, 2020 8:35 pm

That's unfortunate, because this song makes me quite happy. I guess you could try adding chiptune, see if that cheers you up.

February 5, 2020 7:53 am

I like this! The song builds and becomes a powerful uplifting feeling. Your guitar is very nice!

February 7, 2020 2:58 am

Definitely feeling the Explosions In The Sky Vibe and I am really glad it has no chiptune regardless of how happy chiptune can make you feel.

February 7, 2020 1:42 pm

it makes me happy... :-)
i'm also pro gentle usage of chiptunes.
only the snares kinda bother me, i'd preferred a more straighter rhythm.

February 8, 2020 7:50 am
Devieus wrote:

That's unfortunate, because this song makes me quite happy. I guess you could try adding chiptune, see if that cheers you up.

Alette wrote:

I like this! The song builds and becomes a powerful uplifting feeling. Your guitar is very nice!

Ryan wrote:

Definitely feeling the Explosions In The Sky Vibe and I am really glad it has no chiptune regardless of how happy chiptune can make you feel.

Machine Gun Ibiza wrote:

it makes me happy... :-)
i'm also pro gentle usage of chiptunes.
only the snares kinda bother me, i'd preferred a more straighter rhythm.


For the record, I like the song, I just hated my mix.  It didn't sound like how I wanted it to sound.

Thanks guys smile

February 17, 2020 1:47 am

Your guitars sounds great. smile

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up