Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting January 1st 2018 GMT each participant will upload one finished composition per week. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

NITEDRIVE

By orangedrink on March 11, 2018 9:40 pm

This one is inspired by the trancelike slowburning jams of DJ SOMEGUY!  I actually made a new friend last week and we played music together.  I played bass and used a looping pedal and came up with the first two melody lines, one looping on the pedal, and the other played live.


I have been busy with an exciting new project that I will tell you about next Sunday, so I didn't really spend a ton of time mixing/mastering this one.  I usually take this for the "car test" and I didn't this time.  So please excuse any wonkiness.  I think the bass might be overloaded in places ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


How was everyone's week?


This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike (BY-NC-SA)

  • Play
  • Download
March 12, 2018 12:08 am

Very atmospheric. Sweet reverb guitar contrast nicely with the lo res percussion. You got a good mellow bass sound going too. Very chill.

March 12, 2018 4:04 am

Inspired by djSomeguy, I was expecting a techno track, but definitely chill like his tracks, reminds me of sitting on the beach in the night on Hawaii, car test is a good idea, sometimes I will listen to my stuff in the car and realize I really messed up the mix

March 12, 2018 10:38 am

It is mixed and mastered superbly. No complains. Love the soft and gentle way you play. This works fine with the percussions. Nice crecendo-part in the end. Great track.

March 12, 2018 5:02 pm

Crisply s(m)oothing. Faved.

March 13, 2018 12:20 am

Mix sounds great to me.  Digging the vibe of this one a lot.

March 13, 2018 9:11 am

The Guitar is sweet.
No complaints on the mix... really crisp-

March 13, 2018 11:48 am

that guitar is so crisp and clean. love the gentle beats opposed to bit phat dubstep drums. really cruisy track that achieves what you went for smile

March 14, 2018 4:19 am

love the surf/dream vibe!

March 14, 2018 11:45 pm

This is nice, I like it! It burns slow and hot, like a cowboy in the desert, somewhere southern. I just listened to a DJ Someguy slow burning jam and enjoyed it very much. And cheers to making a new friend to jam with, always so good, is that a picture of him wink

March 15, 2018 10:19 pm

It's like a weird surf track.

March 25, 2018 1:04 pm

Cool "desert night" vibe, Drew ...

April 8, 2018 8:24 pm
NWSPR wrote:

Very atmospheric. Sweet reverb guitar contrast nicely with the lo res percussion. You got a good mellow bass sound going too. Very chill.

Thank you!

Jason Nijjer wrote:

Inspired by djSomeguy, I was expecting a techno track, but definitely chill like his tracks, reminds me of sitting on the beach in the night on Hawaii, car test is a good idea, sometimes I will listen to my stuff in the car and realize I really messed up the mix

I love your visual reference!  Yeah, the car is so brutal, but in a good way.


Q-Rosh wrote:

It is mixed and mastered superbly. No complains. Love the soft and gentle way you play. This works fine with the percussions. Nice crecendo-part in the end. Great track.

TY!  Yeah, I was going for a weird "part B" with that crescendo, glad you were into it!

Jim Wood wrote:

Crisply s(m)oothing. Faved.

CosmicCairns wrote:

Mix sounds great to me.  Digging the vibe of this one a lot.

theGuen wrote:

The Guitar is sweet.
No complaints on the mix... really crisp-

Thanks for listening, sorry I am delayed on comments!!

Tweaklab wrote:

that guitar is so crisp and clean. love the gentle beats opposed to bit phat dubstep drums. really cruisy track that achieves what you went for smile

Yeah, it was hard to dial in a lower drum level for "moving" but not necessarily "rocking"  Thanks!

[quote=kaedo sevaada
love the surf/dream vibe!

Perfect picture!

miraclemiles wrote:

This is nice, I like it! It burns slow and hot, like a cowboy in the desert, somewhere southern. I just listened to a DJ Someguy slow burning jam and enjoyed it very much. And cheers to making a new friend to jam with, always so good, is that a picture of him wink

ooo, I love the cowboy in the desert idea as well.  Never thought of that, but it works really well.

and: OMG if that was a picture my new friend..........OMG big_smile big_smile big_smile

Devieus wrote:

It's like a weird surf track.


Yeah!

laguna wrote:

Cool "desert night" vibe, Drew ...

Thank you!  and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture heart heart heart :swoon: He's so cute in that outfit!

:girlish scream:

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up