Weeklybeats 2018 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / orangedrink's music / Axiom Verge Remix 2: Trace Disrupted

Axiom Verge Remix 2: Trace Disrupted

By orangedrink on February 10, 2018 1:37 am

[I've updated my last two tracks with notes!]

If you check out my notes on my track for Week 4, you'll read about how I'm involved with the video game Axiom Verge.  This is another remix I made for the project this week.  This remix samples all original source material from the original score, except for the breakbeat and the reverse cymbal.  I kept the same bassline progression from the previous remix.

I tried to imagine a secret area in the video game where there was a dance club, filled with cyborgs, monsters, and other humans trapped in the world of Axiom Verge.  The main character Trace is shocked and confused and then figures, ".....well, I might as well dance!"

This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved

February 12, 2018 5:38 am

dance club secret level achieved for sure.  its got a blade runner meets metroid sort of feel

February 12, 2018 7:33 am

This is pretty great. I don't know much about dance clubs, but I do know about secret levels and it fits pretty well.

February 12, 2018 10:03 am

great tune. really great bassline and lots of cool sounds!

February 12, 2018 10:21 am

Yasssssss. Love it as usual dude. Really dig the use of that break, it's familiar but also feels right at home in this piece.

February 13, 2018 2:06 am

This is great. Cruisy and funky.

February 15, 2018 5:05 pm

Again a Great Piece

February 19, 2018 12:15 am

Cool track... nice sad quality in the melody lines over the more emotionless driving rhythm.

March 5, 2018 6:16 pm

I feel like if I looped this enough times I could run a marathon

March 7, 2018 11:39 pm

Very nice!

April 8, 2018 8:05 pm
spry wrote:

Two great comparisons, thanks!

Devieus wrote:

Thanks so much - yeah, I don't know exactly what it is about a secret level, but I was really feeling that vibe.

grillo wrote:

great tune. really great bassline and lots of cool sounds!

Thanks!

Tweaklab wrote:

Thanks, I felt like it would be a nice counterpoint to the "foreign" sounds of the alien world

Strayce wrote:

This is great. Cruisy and funky.

m2K7 wrote:

Again a Great Piece

Thanks to you both!

NWSPR wrote:

I'm glad you caught that, it's not just a straight up "party" - something is a little off or lurking in the background

budmelvin wrote: