Weeklybeats 2018 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / NWSPR's music / Walk Away (Don't Run)

Walk Away (Don't Run)

By NWSPR on August 19, 2018 11:50 pm

Short on time, I cut my losses and left out the vocals for now. May revisit it later and add some wooo hoos and ahh haas.  But for now I'll walk away and don't run on this rainy week #33.  Crunchy bass with guitars, as played by a bass player smile and falling back on my B3s and Roland 505 for duh duh duh drums. I didn't solve any great mysteries or achieve light speed, but I got my track in for the week!

Looking forward to checking out your tracks and saying hello in the comments. Hope everyone is well this week!

August 20, 2018 6:03 am

You might not've reached excellence, but with a high average even normal stuff is great.

August 20, 2018 6:39 am

Hope you're all right as well! Weeklybeats has been great for me to really help me finish stuff, finish being in quotes here, it's still great to close stuff and present it, and more times than not people end up liking stuff you did not feel, like this track which has amazing bass playing and bass tone!

August 20, 2018 3:50 pm

Tight and energetic. Missing the whoo-hoos, though.

August 20, 2018 10:36 pm

Yeah I can see how a few wooo hoos could really work here, but as is it's very upbeat and catchy.  Some very nice guitar and bass work.

August 21, 2018 1:00 pm

Great tune, very nice instrumentation and mix heart Sad to be missing the woo hoos sad

August 25, 2018 7:13 am

This is very catchy and you really should think about adding the vocals... probably vocoded ones would work nicely?

August 25, 2018 8:09 pm

We'll just have to fill in our own whoo-hoos.
But this is a great track as an instrumental as well. Not sure exactly why, but I really like the guitar part.

August 26, 2018 11:55 pm
Devieus wrote:

Struggling to make it up the left side of the bell curve but happy resting at average when possible... I'll take that!

Bleeoop wrote:

Thanks, I agree that it's good to stay on a schedule. Definitely makes me more productive to try and make the deadline.

Jim Wood wrote:

Tight and energetic. Missing the whoo-hoos, though.

I'll send over an extended 45 minute woo hoo dance remix for ya!

CosmicCairns wrote:

Thanks. I have no idea what I'm doing. It's very liberating:)

hieme wrote:

Great tune, very nice instrumentation and mix <3 Sad to be missing the woo hoos sad

Thanks! Send me over some Woo hoos and I'll drop them in the remix I'm doing for Jim smile

Ashen Simian wrote:

Maybe... barely have time to keep up as it is. Thanks!

Plantrain wrote:

We'll just have to fill in our own whoo-hoos.

I like the idea of you filling in the woo hoos. Guitar is really grungy and poorly played which some times hits the right spot

August 30, 2018 1:33 pm

Great melodies, this is super catchy.  The bass is perfect.

September 5, 2018 6:22 pm

I got the warm summer sun on my head from the window as I listen and this brings the perfect summer sizzle to my ears smile Big tasty bassy sound, love the organ dropping by!

October 2, 2018 11:02 pm

that bridge has a tough ramones sound, love that.