Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / NWSPR's music / The Big Goodbye

The Big Goodbye

By NWSPR on September 27, 2020 11:59 pm

This week I was listening to a lot of New Order, Echo & the Bunnymen, and OMD so I was in the mood to do something in that vain.  The Big Goodbye came to mind as a name for no particular reason.  This week, no Moogs but everything else I got in the arsenal.  And not always in tune.  Enjoy the week!

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
September 28, 2020 5:42 am

I always like when the harmonica makes a cameo, as it does from 2:00 onwards. A nice positive atmosphere in this track. It sounds like a grand jam with the whole crew.

September 28, 2020 1:19 pm

Energetic and fun track! Good job!

September 28, 2020 5:22 pm

I appreciate that you've managed to consistently bring an upbeat positive energy to your tracks.  It serves as a good antidote to these times.  One of the melodies is a little bit reminiscent of Deck the Halls, which just kind of adds to the joyous feeling here.

September 28, 2020 10:00 pm

September 29, 2020 4:41 am

Sweet energy; brings a smile to my face. Nice work smile

September 29, 2020 8:41 am

a very pathetic goodby, in a good way of course.

September 29, 2020 3:23 pm

Cool 80's vibes. And fun turnaround when the electric guitar and other acoustic instruments comes in. I really like the tone of your bass line where we hear the attack/mids...

September 29, 2020 11:39 pm

The best way to say goodbye! Out on some high notes!

September 30, 2020 1:34 am

Hell yeah man, love this!  Such a feel good tune.  I love how you blend electronic and real instruments in some of your tracks.  Gives it a really well balanced sound.  I would have loved to hear you sing on this one though!

October 1, 2020 5:35 am

Should've saved the title for week 52. Nice bit of synth play.

October 4, 2020 6:25 pm

Very nice and seriously uplifting... can really relate to that OMD vibe, this has some of that major key anthemic quality. The harmonica is a very nice touch too.... excellent!

October 5, 2020 12:00 am
Kedbreak136 wrote:

I always like when the harmonica makes a cameo, as it does from 2:00 onwards. A nice positive atmosphere in this track. It sounds like a grand jam with the whole crew.

This is the kind of track where I can have some fun and bring out all the usual suspects including my old beat up C maj harp. Thanks for checking it out!

October 5, 2020 12:11 am
ScanianWolf wrote:

Energetic and fun track! Good job!


It was fun to record.  Thanks for listening!

CosmicCairns wrote:

I appreciate that you've managed to consistently bring an upbeat positive energy to your tracks.  It serves as a good antidote to these times.  One of the melodies is a little bit reminiscent of Deck the Halls, which just kind of adds to the joyous feeling here.


I didn't realize I was being so upbeat.  Now I got to try harder to tap into some dark sounds. I can hear a bit of the Deck the Halls.  Dee Snider of Twisted Sister based "We're Not Gonna Take It" off of the melody of Come All Ye Faithful, so I'm in good company! 

gesceap wrote:


No... just no. Well maybe. 

Mission Crossing wrote:

Sweet energy; brings a smile to my face. Nice work smile


Thanks! It's got that old mellow bittersweet sound. Comfort food for the ears smile

Q-Rosh wrote:

a very pathetic goodby, in a good way of course.


Hey, I'm not really saying goodbye smile Sorry.  I'm bad with titles and this jumped into my head just in time to post.  I was probably happy to say goodbye to another track and post it.  Love your website man.  Awesome stuff!

djippy wrote:

Cool 80's vibes. And fun turnaround when the electric guitar and other acoustic instruments comes in. I really like the tone of your bass line where we hear the attack/mids...


Thanks! I have two synth basses and a bass guitar mostly in sync for a fat sound but it's nice when it drops down to the lonely bass guitar.

miraclemiles wrote:

The best way to say goodbye! Out on some high notes!


Ha! But I'm not going anywhere yet!  I came slinking back for another week!

Chrisfoo wrote:

Hell yeah man, love this!  Such a feel good tune.  I love how you blend electronic and real instruments in some of your tracks.  Gives it a really well balanced sound.  I would have loved to hear you sing on this one though!


Thanks! The song is so long because I left space for vocals. I didn't want to rush it so I hope to come back and finish the track with vocals at some point.  And to some better editing/mixing.

Devieus wrote:

Should've saved the title for week 52. Nice bit of synth play.


I know, right? I'll do the "Super Big Goodbye" that week.

Ashen Simian wrote:

Very nice and seriously uplifting... can really relate to that OMD vibe, this has some of that major key anthemic quality. The harmonica is a very nice touch too.... excellent!


Thanks! Really happy I had time to chill and listen to some of my favorite artists over the weekend. I like to record under their influence.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up