WeeklyBeats.com / Music / NWSPR's music / Cutoff Frequency

Cutoff Frequency

By NWSPR on August 26, 2018 11:46 pm

Just had a couple of hours to pull something together. Some cool sounds but not too much going on.  Busy couple of weeks closing down my practice space, selling a bunch of gear, setting up a limited rack at home and trying to get some vacation time.  Beautiful week in New York. Hope you're all having a good summer and will get caught up listening to some tracks.

August 27, 2018 12:45 am

Needs vocals (or something vocal-ish)!

August 27, 2018 7:31 am

Needs vocals (or something vocal-ish)!

Yea, bring out the robots.

August 28, 2018 9:44 pm

This definitely sounds like it could be the basis for something more, but there are some nice sounds on display as is.  I agree with everyone else some vocals or robot-esque vocoders could really work well, but I like the vibe of it already.

August 30, 2018 9:06 am

I love the driving beat, really creates a hypnotic groove. The high pitched, vibrato patch in the end is also very cool addition. As others have said, this sounds like one great track in the making...

August 30, 2018 1:35 pm

good instrumentation and groove ... just zoned out pretty hard at work to this.  vocals would be awesome!

August 31, 2018 7:47 am

love the groove between drums and bass, really work well together! enjoy the vacation time!

September 2, 2018 10:28 pm

Great track with a very cool motorik groove. Vocals would be the icing on the cake, but this particular cake tastes great without icing as well. Enjoy your vacation!

September 2, 2018 11:43 pm

Gives me some Kraftwerk vibes... love it smile

September 3, 2018 12:52 am
Jim Wood wrote:

Needs vocals (or something vocal-ish)!

Yep, I agree.  Will revisit.  Thanks for listening!

Devieus wrote:

Needs vocals (or something vocal-ish)!

Yea, bring out the robots.

Robots are on vacation... when they get back, we'll see what we can do.

CosmicCairns wrote:

Thanks!

Ashen Simian wrote:

I forgot how robust the sounds on the Akai Minak are since I haven't taken it off the shelf in 6 or so years. Lot of bang for the buck in a small package.

mikememo wrote:

Will revisit with vocals later this year.  Thanks!

Bleeoop wrote:

Ah, vacation too short. Thanks!

Plantrain wrote:

Thanks, I thought it was a chill little track. Sparse but just enough for week 34!

Mission Crossing wrote:

Gives me some Kraftwerk vibes... love it smile

Thanks! Yeah, a bit Kratwerky in it's minimalism and simple tap tap beat.

- - - - -

Thanks for listening everyone, much appreciated!  I may post a revised version with vocals later this year.