Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting January 1st 2024 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

interlude

By neon liminal on May 12, 2024 9:43 pm

Spent the whole week working on a digitakt, TT-303, Norand Mono acid track. And then I physically ran out of time to record it, like, the time just didn't exist, I got screwed over by the rest of my life.

So I spent half an hour and recorded whatever the fuck was happening on my modular. It's subharmonicon going into LyraFX and Qubit Aurora in FDN firmware, probably a filter in there somewhere, and then the Korg Wavestate adding some semi-generative piano from a weirdo patch I designed god knows when.

It's not bad. It's not what I wanted it to be. And it feels shitty to work on one thing all week, run out of time, and then have to half-ass in half an hour cuz time and space are my greatest enemies.

Audio works licensed by author under:
CC Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike (BY-NC-SA)

First of all: This is great.

Second: Life happens. Don't be hard on yourself just because things didn't play out like they were supposed to. Instead, celebrate that you got something submitted. Also: Of course I am not sure how you approach WB, but for me, I settled on "most weeks" as my goal. So far it's been working out (Except for a week where I was seriously ill) and I think part of why it is working better than my last few attempts is that I gave myself more lenience. Of course, everyone is different, so take this only as advice if you want to heart

enjoyed this! great textures

love this! so relaxing and great sounds and chord work. Im glad you were able to post this, it sounds really good. it has a really good structure in how it builds and keeps the listener engaged

sorry about the time crunch - that sounds really frustrating. hopefully we'll still get to hear what you were working on? maybe for this week?
even though it wasn't what you were planning, i really enjoyed listening to this interlude. those low frequencies around the halfway point did something cool in my brain too.
hope you have a peaceful week

halfbyte wrote:

First of all: This is great.

Second: Life happens. Don't be hard on yourself just because things didn't play out like they were supposed to. Instead, celebrate that you got something submitted. Also: Of course I am not sure how you approach WB, but for me, I settled on "most weeks" as my goal. So far it's been working out (Except for a week where I was seriously ill) and I think part of why it is working better than my last few attempts is that I gave myself more lenience. Of course, everyone is different, so take this only as advice if you want to heart

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it. And I appreciate the advice - I've been exploiting WB as a way to force myself to work more efficiently, time management, production, etc... because honestly up to this point I haven't had a situation where a regular schedule could push me in these areas. And it's been great for that. Most of my frustration wasn't so much the fear of not having something to submit, but more just a best-laid-plans-wasted because of circumstances outside of my control. WB has been great, honestly smile

nedsferatu wrote:

enjoyed this! great textures

Thanks! Maybe more someday lol.

tweidner103 wrote:

love this! so relaxing and great sounds and chord work. Im glad you were able to post this, it sounds really good. it has a really good structure in how it builds and keeps the listener engaged

Thank you! My modular was always designed for stuff like this, I will likely get back into it but with a little acid and some kicks lol.

jwh wrote:

sorry about the time crunch - that sounds really frustrating. hopefully we'll still get to hear what you were working on? maybe for this week?
even though it wasn't what you were planning, i really enjoyed listening to this interlude. those low frequencies around the halfway point did something cool in my brain too.
hope you have a peaceful week

Thank you! Yeah what I was working on got lost thanks to my digitakt, so, the bass line survived to this coming week but that's about it. And I'm glad I did cool things to your brain - honestly I love it when music does cool things to my brain too smile

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up