Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

Wash

By miraclemiles on April 19, 2020 7:32 pm

My coworker Greg (who we call Grog, or Sir Groggery because he's been faux-knighted by our English coworker), sent me some acoustic guitar stems of his songs. This one was titled River. A good title, but thought I should pick different one because his vision of this song may be totally different. Once again I feel very lucky to have the technology and the opportunity to play the "rest of the band" and add drums,  bass and keys, and some vocals by a singer Leo Wood, released with a samplephonics pack. I thought about trying to take this into some further out territory, or maybe bossa nova but I only had few hours to work on this, so I just let that nice flowing progression lead the way into a pleasant spring day.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial (BY-NC)

  • Play
  • Download
April 20, 2020 2:02 am

Not as bugnuts crazy as some of your tracks, but still a nice pleasant listen.  I thought the vocal samples worked really well.

April 20, 2020 4:07 pm

Heavy Heavy Heavy Drums and Bass!! Nice piano work as well.  I like how this has such a great live sound.  I really feel like I'm at a live show with this cranked up in my headphones.  Cudos to Sir Groggery on acoustic, and the vocal samples fit in well like it was part of the live jam. Fun jam!

April 20, 2020 5:35 pm

Niceeee, I love how the drums accentuate that rhythm. The stereo space is really well handled and this whole thing has a cool reverby texture - Wash is a great title. Great stuff!

April 20, 2020 11:58 pm
CosmicCairns wrote:

Not as bugnuts crazy as some of your tracks, but still a nice pleasant listen.  I thought the vocal samples worked really well.

Ha, thanks. Good to know that sometimes non-bugnuts can work as well ... but there will be more bugnuts to come. Good word, bugnuts smile. Glad the vox worked, lucked out on finding that.

NWSPR wrote:

Heavy Heavy Heavy Drums and Bass!! Nice piano work as well.  I like how this has such a great live sound.  I really feel like I'm at a live show with this cranked up in my headphones.  Cudos to Sir Groggery on acoustic, and the vocal samples fit in well like it was part of the live jam. Fun jam!

Awesome to hear all that, thanks! Yeah I wanted some think drums and bass, figured hey if I get to do these parts I'l make them full as I can. Glad keys sound ok too, not my main instrument or anything. Cool it sounds live ... thats really a happy accident, I don't know if I could mix it clean enough to not sound that way! Cheers!

hieme wrote:

Niceeee, I love how the drums accentuate that rhythm. The stereo space is really well handled and this whole thing has a cool reverby texture - Wash is a great title. Great stuff!

Thanks much! Another happy accident again that stereo space and textures worked, didn't put much time into that, I love it when that happens. I think I gotta go one word titles for a while now, fun. Thanks!

April 23, 2020 8:07 am

Real nice groove, you did that guitar track well. You'll get that bossa nova some day.

April 23, 2020 2:30 pm

Super uplifting feel with those guitar chords.  The drum groove is what makes it even more positive feeling.    Nice work!

April 24, 2020 8:04 pm

"bugnuts crazy" that is an awesome description, yes agree this one isn't as bugnuts crazy, but very enjoyable, great find with the vocals, does really sound like they were made specifically for this track.

April 28, 2020 4:13 pm

this sounds so supergood. what a great instrumentation around the guitar and vocal. This is made for a party on a beach.....bravo!!!

April 28, 2020 4:14 pm

it will be a hit!!! For shure.

May 7, 2020 12:13 am
Devieus wrote:

Real nice groove, you did that guitar track well. You'll get that bossa nova some day.

Thanks, glad the guitar worked since it wasn't mine, wanted to do it justice. And yeah, bossa nova coming one day for sure!

Tone Matrix wrote:

Super uplifting feel with those guitar chords.  The drum groove is what makes it even more positive feeling.    Nice work!

Thank you! Yeah, his progression had great feels, glad you found the drum groove to help it along too. Grog the guitar player said he thought it had an R&B kind of groove smile

Jason Nijjer wrote:

"bugnuts crazy" that is an awesome description, yes agree this one isn't as bugnuts crazy, but very enjoyable, great find with the vocals, does really sound like they were made specifically for this track.

Ha, yeah, he has some great descriptions, I gotta write that one down. Thanks for listening, glad you enjoyed! Yeah I got lucky with that sample, I think it was in a different key according to the fine name at least, but sounded ok to me so went with it. Nice when that works out. Cheers.

Q-Rosh wrote:

this sounds so supergood. what a great instrumentation around the guitar and vocal. This is made for a party on a beach.....bravo!!!

Q-Rosh wrote:

it will be a hit!!! For shure.

Awesome, thanks, glad you liked! Party on beach sounds great right about now, and hearing this song there would be pretty great. A hit sounds pretty nice too! I guess this one may be a keeper, thanks for the support!

May 17, 2020 7:32 pm

May 21, 2020 9:44 pm
kaedo sevaada wrote:

I love how happy he always looks playing in the dirt, that's the spirit!

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up